PDA

View Full Version : Transportation Trading / Collector Cards?

disneykidsince1970
02-28-2014, 07:32 AM
Hi All - while on our visit 2 weeks ago... my 7yo son was approached by a super-friendly Main Street guy. He was in a Main Street costume but I couldn't tell what his job was . We were on our way out and he gave my son a "monorail collector card." He explained that each Disney transportation mode has these customized cards and there were 23 (?) different versions - ferries, monorails, buses, etc. They are paper and the size of credit cards.

He was hooked!! He loves to collect things. He managed to get 10 cards before we left - from buses, monorails, etc. and is eager to finish the collection on our next visit or thru his Auntie Nikki - who lives in Tampa and has an AP!

I couldn't find any reference to these cards on the Disney site - maybe they are new? I would love to see if there is a comprehensive list somewhere.. does anyone have any information?

faline
02-28-2014, 08:37 AM
I hadn't heard of these but they sound quite nice.

d_m_n_n
02-28-2014, 09:53 AM
My kids received a couple from the boats probably 2-4 years ago. They were offered without asking, so I wonder if it was a new thing then :). We weren't offered any on our last trip though

Dulcee
02-28-2014, 12:10 PM
I hadn't heard about these until our last trip. Two very enthusiastic teens were trading with a ferry captain.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-01-2014, 11:16 PM
DD has been offered a few over the years, but it seems when we remember to ask a Transportation CM for them, they never have any.

We don't have a lot, but they have been fun (and frustrating at times) to try and collect.

I don' think there is an official list, but from searching and asking people I think there are about 25 in the "current" series, but I don't know how many of them are actually available for the asking.