PDA

View Full Version : Combing Quick Service Credits

BrownEyedGrrl
02-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Can you still combine two quick service credits to get one table service?

faline
02-27-2014, 07:35 PM
I didn't think you could ever do that.

gerald72
02-27-2014, 08:38 PM
No. And never could.

BrownEyedGrrl
02-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Hmm, so was it that you could turn one TS into two quick service? Or two TS into something else? I remember being able to do something like that.

Fangorn
02-28-2014, 12:17 AM
There have been times when they would allow you to use a table service for 2 counter service. But those were all special situations (they oversold on the dining plan). But as a general rule, there isn't an option to exchange one type of credit for another.

As I recall, (could be wrong) when we were offered this option in 2008, there was actually some sort of a coupon involved and it was a two step process. The coupon allowed the cashier to convert 1 TS credits into 2 CS credits. Then those credits could be used.

Steve

Zippy 1
02-28-2014, 02:45 AM
At one time you could change 1 counter service for 2 snacks

yankeesfan123
02-28-2014, 06:26 AM
Two TS for "Singature Restaurants" or a show like Hoop de Doo I believe.

BrownEyedGrrl
02-28-2014, 10:27 AM
Okay, the last two were what I was thinking of- two TS for something like Hoop-dee-do, and one CS for two snacks. We did both of those options years ago when the free dining was offered. Last couple times we've went we've gotten the basic DDP during free dining, and if it's offered free this trip we'll only be getting the QS dining plan because we're staying at ASM, so we were trying to run through our options. ;)

Thanks for all the help!

#1donaldfan
02-28-2014, 02:51 PM
You can trade in unused CS for snacks, but it's so limited it's crazy to do it. We have from time to time not used a CS for reasons and "cashed" them in on snacks on our way out the door. :mickey:

cer
02-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Okay, the last two were what I was thinking of- two TS for something like Hoop-dee-do, and one CS for two snacks. We did both of those options years ago when the free dining was offered. Last couple times we've went we've gotten the basic DDP during free dining, and if it's offered free this trip we'll only be getting the QS dining plan because we're staying at ASM, so we were trying to run through our options. ;)

Thanks for all the help!

You can also take your free QS plan and pay the difference to have it upgraded to another plan. We did that once. We had free QS and paid the upgrade to a Deluxe Dining Plan. We ate so well on that trip! :thumbsup:

BowTie7
02-28-2014, 05:48 PM
There was one year (though many years ago) when during the September free dining promotion you could could use a table service credit for a counter service meal and you got a coupon back for two additional snacks, but I think this was only offered one year. Though if I remember correctly only the Disney owned and operated counter service locations had the coupons to hand out. I think it was the next year that Disney started to be much more specific about limited table service availability and made the value hotels only offer the counter service plan for free.

Davy Crockett
03-01-2014, 02:47 PM
No 2 QS for 1 TS, but you can downgrade and use 1 TS for a QS. Why someone would want to do that I don't know as you just gave WDW even more money out of your pocket.