PDA

View Full Version : How do I do this?

Cinderelley
02-27-2014, 05:02 PM
So our trip is 190 days out. I have two rooms booked at Wilderness Lodge, since there are six of us. One is in my name, and one is in my son's name. I went onto the website to see how I will be making dining reservations in 10 days, and I am thoroughly confused now. Is there a way for me to make dinner reservations for six or do I have to make a reservation and my son makes the other? I have seen everyone talk about how much of a headache this new system is, but now I am seeing it for myself.

Strmchsr
02-27-2014, 05:37 PM
You can make the reservations either by having your son also create an account and then linking your two accounts together (he gives you permission to use his account to make reservations) or you just add the names in when you make the reservations. That's not a big deal for ADRs, but it's a huge issue if you try to make Fastpass reservations together since everyone has to be linked in to your account with their tickets linked in to make a FP+ reservation. It truly is a huge headache now.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-28-2014, 08:26 AM
:ditto:

For the ADR's, you don't have to worry at this point. You can search for the total number in the group, and then "add a guest" when making the ADR.

However, it probably makes sense to link everything up now, since you'll want to do it anyways for FP+ selections. But, don't let it stress you for the ADR's, since it isn't a requirement and can be done later. :)

Cinderelley
02-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Is it possible to still just call dining and make my ADRs? That's the way I used to like doing it best in the past anyway. Listening to the music while I was on hold always made my day. (How many times can you say being on hold made your day? ;))

Strmchsr
02-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Oh, yes, it's definitely still possible (and probably easier) to call.

Cinderelley
02-28-2014, 10:09 PM
That is what I will do then. Thank you. :D

Davy Crockett
03-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Just remember once you've booked your ADR's over the phone to go and link those ADR's via your confirmation numbers to your Magic My Way reservation online, so that your MDE (My Disney Experience) reflects your entire party and your magic bands will have the ADR's on them. Like others were saying the ADR's will be the easy piece, linking the FP+ for your (2) groups is the more important and a little more complicated slice of the pie.

Cinderelley
03-04-2014, 03:54 AM
This is just ridiculous. If they want people to do this, they should set up a phone system where you can call actual people and have them do it.

disneynarula
03-04-2014, 06:10 AM
What if you are staying off property and only want to make dining reservations that are not linked to a reservation?

For example, we are staying off property for a week prior to checking in at POR for a week. We are going to do things other than disney but plan on eating at Boma with assorted friends who are not "with us" on our trip. Do I really have to go through all this mess to get an ADR?:mad:

I am sorry... I am trying really hard to be open minded about this new system but I feel like :badpc::bang: every time I try to do something.

disneynarula
03-04-2014, 06:35 AM
To make this even more annoying Disney won't let you use an APO as a billing address to put the cc information in.

In case you don't know what an APO is...
It's an army post office. We are stationed here in Germany (as civilians) and we use that as our only means of getting mail from the USA. That is the address our CC is linked to.

Cinderelley
03-05-2014, 04:01 AM
Disneyarula, it sounds like it would just be easier to call disney dining and make a reservation for all of you that night.

disneynarula
03-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Is there an international phone number to call? My VOIP phone isn't working.

disneynarula
03-06-2014, 01:12 PM
I had to switch my billing address as well as my disney account to my DHs stepmother's address. It's not a big deal since she is traveling with us anyway.

Cinderelley
03-10-2014, 04:04 PM
I made our reservations today. I did attempt to use the website just to see how it would go, but the server was down.

The phone system was different than the last time I used it, and the system couldn't recognize what I was saying to it. I was transferred to a person very quickly, so I didn't get to listen to any music. :( (lol at being sad that i didn't get put on hold). I was able to get everything I wanted except a Flying Fish reservation.

I wrote down my reservation numbers, but it was nice to go to mde and see them listed there. A triple check to make sure everything is right.