View Full Version : FastPass+ Tips and Advice

iheartdisney
02-24-2014, 03:38 PM
In a few weeks we will be able to make our FastPass+ selections. But aside from the directions online or in our My Disney Experience brochure, we're a bit green in this new process.

We are staying on-property and already have our dining reservations. We pretty much know which park we will visit each day.

Is there anyone out there with advice or tips on how to best use this service? Anything you learned from a previous trip that you wish you had done differently? Is there already a thread out there you can direct me to so no one has to say it all over again?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:mickey:

JerseyDad
02-24-2014, 03:53 PM
In a few weeks we will be able to make our FastPass+ selections. But aside from the directions online or in our My Disney Experience brochure, we're a bit green in this new process.

We are staying on-property and already have our dining reservations. We pretty much know which park we will visit each day.

Is there anyone out there with advice or tips on how to best use this service? Anything you learned from a previous trip that you wish you had done differently? Is there already a thread out there you can direct me to so no one has to say it all over again?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:mickey:

....I'm sure you know what the major attractions are ...and as such ...they historically have long lines and the FP+ will lend itself to those in a more valuable manner.

....using a FP+ "reservation" for a show ...such as Beauty & The Beast, or Nemo really doesn't do too much for you ...other than getting you in the door. And it's been reported that using it for Fantasmic ...does the same ...and there is no special seating area.

...just some food for thought.

buzznwoodysmom
02-24-2014, 04:42 PM
....I'm sure you know what the major attractions are ...and as such ...they historically have long lines and the FP+ will lend itself to those in a more valuable manner.

....using a FP+ "reservation" for a show ...such as Beauty & The Beast, or Nemo really doesn't do too much for you ...other than getting you in the door. And it's been reported that using it for Fantasmic ...does the same ...and there is no special seating area.

...just some food for thought.

We used FP+ for Festival of the Lion King and Fantasmic back in November. I wouldn't say they were a waste as many people say they are.

FOTLK had a very, very long line to get in. It was great to be able to zoom through the very short FP+ line. We were also seated in the first few rows behind the Handicap area and 4 of the kids in our party were pulled up to participate at the end of the show. I doubt we would have been seated so close had we not had the FP+. Just thinking of summer heat and crowds, bypassing the hot and humid line would be worth it in my opinion.

Also for Fantasmic our party was able to go through the much shorter FP+ line, while the regular line was huge. I did not actually go into Fantasmic, my family decided to leave, but the rest of our group of 25 did see Fantasmic and the line was much better using FP+. They all said they felt it was worth using one of their FP+ selections for this show.

To be fair, when we booked our FP+ selections there was no tiered system yet so perhaps I would exclude shows and such if they fell into the same category as the headliners.