PDA

View Full Version : Harold Ramis, Star of Ghostbusters and Stripes, Dead at 69

Ian
02-24-2014, 12:53 PM
So sad .... he was a clever, funny man. RIP Egon :(

The world of movies and the world of comedy has lost a legend as actor and comedian Harold Ramis has died at the age of 69. The actor had been suffering from a number of health issues in recent years and finally succumbed to his battle with them on Monday.

Ramis, a longtime North Shore resident, was surrounded by family when he died at 12:53 a.m. from complications of autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis, a rare disease that involves swelling of the blood vessels, his wife Erica Mann Ramis said. He was 69.

Ramis is perhaps best known for his work in 80s comedies with his collaborators Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd. The trio helped create some of the classic comedies we revere today such as Ghostbusters, Caddyshack and Stripes. He also has writing credits on such classics as Animal House, Meatball and Groundhog Day.

In addition to his acting and writing talents, Ramis branched out into directing as well, crafting classics like National Lampoon’s Vacation as well as the criminally underrated Analyze This, among many others. His films weren’t always lauded by critics but they definitely found a niche and they certainly helped inspire some of the comedic filmmakers we have working in Hollywood today.

Ramis may not be with us anymore, but the work he leaves behind speaks for itself and he’ll live on in those that he inspired while he was here.

PirateLover
02-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Very sad. I did not know he had been ill. He is responsible for some of my favorite movies. My generation grew up with The Ghostbusters movies in particular. :(

SBETigg
02-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Multi-talented man, and he seemed so well-liked and respected. I'm sorry to hear about his death, and even sorrier to hear that he had a long and probably painful time of it before passing.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-24-2014, 04:28 PM
The man that helped give us Wally World.
:(

I recently watched a documentary on the making of CaddyShack, the guy certainly worked in interesting times and with quite the group of characters and egos.

TinkerbellT421
02-24-2014, 05:14 PM
Sad :(

faline
02-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Just saw that on the news this evening - the world has lost a special talent.

Kenny1113
02-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Sad, he was Very talented. :(

I liked him in ghostbusters as a child and adult. I didn't realize he contributed to Groundhog Day until earlier today. Funny movie.

Jeff
02-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Sad news! In my opinion Ramis had a hand in making several of the best comedies ever made!