PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Fireworks Cruise

LittleRoosMommy
02-21-2014, 06:37 PM
So, I need some reviews/advice. DH told me last night that he would like to do the Wishes Fireworks Cruise for me on our upcoming trip, as we are celebrating my 40th Birthday! :) He was planning our doing the private cruise for up to 10 people, as we have friends who will be at WDW the same time we are and wanted to invite them along. Have any of you done this? If so, can you give me pros/cons, rate your experience please?

Thanks!!

faline
02-21-2014, 07:24 PM
It's been a while since we've done it and I know the price has gone up considerably since then. We did for a trip when we brought our daughter and son-in-law with us. We all enjoyed it very much. When we did it, we did the sandwich and chips and soft drinks add on package (Not worth the money even then - I'd plan a nice dinner before or after). Back when we did it, the boat driver allowed us to bring our own refreshments on board though I don't believe he was supposed to allow this. I would do this again if the costs were equivalent to what we paid (and I thought it was pricey then). Now, it just seems to be exorbitant. Still, if you want to splurge for a special occasion like your birthday, I am sure you will enjoy it very much. I know they also have a celebration add--on wherein they will also decorate the boat in honor of your occasion.

mrte62
02-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Ditto Faline. DW, 4 kids and DM did the cruise in August of 2007. Very unique, very expensive. Cruised around for about 45 minutes before settling in to watch the fireworks with the music piped in.

Was it worth it? All 7 of us voted it our all time favorite unique Disney event.