PDA

View Full Version : Food poisoning in AK

Joannelet
02-19-2014, 09:19 PM
I have a few friends that are there this week traveling with their families. The other day one of the moms wrote to me saying she got food poisoning from eating at Tamu Tamu Refreshments in Animal Kingdom. She said she was told at the hospital that many others were also sick from eating there as well that same day and were brought to the hospital. She had chicken salad but I do not know what any of the other cases had. She said it was awful for her and is finally starting to feel better. Hope no one here was affected.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-20-2014, 08:15 AM
I hope anyone who wasn't feeling well recovers quickly!

#1donaldfan
02-20-2014, 01:10 PM
That's crazy !! :(

Bruegge
02-20-2014, 11:10 PM
I know this sounds harsh....

But I hope it's true...

Because if it's not true that Tamu caused the sickness...

At current count, an ugly rumor just got spread to 293 people.

If true, BOH (Board of Health) can quickly step in and make sure ALL kiosk's and other food handlers are in line with proper codes. And all of Disney will be a safer place to eat once the word gets out to all the other restaurants.

Neither option is good but I hate to see a business destroyed by rumors.

BrerGnat
02-22-2014, 06:28 PM
I know this sounds harsh....

But I hope it's true...

Because if it's not true that Tamu caused the sickness...

At current count, an ugly rumor just got spread to 293 people.

If true, BOH (Board of Health) can quickly step in and make sure ALL kiosk's and other food handlers are in line with proper codes. And all of Disney will be a safer place to eat once the word gets out to all the other restaurants.

Neither option is good but I hate to see a business destroyed by rumors.

I agree with you. At least the woman went to the hospital where an actual diagnosis and (presumably) testing was done to determine the exact pathogen involved. So many times, people just assume they have food poisoning and start finger pointing at the last place they ate, and usually they have a virus. Hopefully it wasn't a serious outbreak and they can figure out the source and deal with it.

Bruegge
02-22-2014, 10:06 PM
I agree with you. At least the woman went to the hospital where an actual diagnosis and (presumably) testing was done to determine the exact pathogen involved. So many times, people just assume they have food poisoning and start finger pointing at the last place they ate, and usually they have a virus. Hopefully it wasn't a serious outbreak and they can figure out the source and deal with it.

Couldn't agree more... Hoping and Praying it's not a serious outbreak and (if any) an isolated incident.

MNNHFLTX
02-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Right. Actual food poisoning is quite rare. Most of the time it's a virus transmitted through a food handler's lack of hygiene (I speak from experience). Not to trivialize what the OP's friend went through--it deserves to be investigated, in any case.

Davy Crockett
03-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Wondering if anyone has heard or seen any follow up on this purported incident?