PDA

View Full Version : Offsite Guests and FP+ Inquiries

DizneyFreak2002
02-18-2014, 07:13 PM
Figured this was the best place to put this... Mods, if you feel this should be elsewhere, please move...

So, apparently, some offsite guests are reporting they will soon be able to book FP+ options via My Disney Experience despite not having Disney resort reservations... Everything about FP+ had seemed to be tied to these resort ressies... But obviously, offsite guests won't have Disney resort reservations... Supposedly, April 7th is the date offsite guests can either start booking FP+, or for vacations which fall into that time frame... FP+ seems to suddenly be tied to ADRs as long as you have theme park tickets linked to your account... Remember, the system only knows when you will be in WDW through your Disney resort reservation, not through your ticket...

So, I am asking those of you with plans on visiting Orlando in April and are staying offsite... Have any of you created an account on MDE yet? If so, have you linked your theme park tickets? And If so, do you have any ADRs made? If yes, can you check your account to see if you have any access to making FP+ choices for April (at least the beginning of the month), or if you have any messages which inform you of a date you can begin making FP+ selections? If you need more clarification, please ask....

This is for those of you staying offsite only... Not for those of you who have WDW resort reservations...

yankeesfan123
02-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Did you hear they'll be able to make FP+ choices 60 days ahead of time?

Or, make FP+ choices through MDE instead of going to a kiosk once they are already on a park and their ticket has been scanned?

The latter makes more sense to me, since it is unknown when visitors (who aren't AP or FL residents, they are obviously a different situation) will be visiting. We wouldn't want some "troll" to start booking FP+ without even planning to go to a park.

DizneyFreak2002
02-18-2014, 09:22 PM
That offsite guests would have the access to book FP+ 60 days out just like onsite guests...

The scenario: someone elsewhere has offsite reservations... They bought their theme park tickets and made ADRs... This person logged into their MDE account, linked their tickets and ADR reservations.. When they logged back in, they had a notice saying the date they could begin making FP+ selections, which happened to be 60 days from their first ADR reservation... They then made another ADR for their arrival date, which happened to be prior to their first current ADR, and sure enough, the FP+ selection date changed to coincide with the new ADR, 60 days prior... Several others have also reported this to be the case...

So, either there is another major glitch or the system is starting to pick up ADRs and allowing you to book FP+ based on an ADR, not just WDW resort reservations...

That's why I am asking here... if anyone who has plans for April or May, offsite, and have already linked their tickets and ADRs if they are receiving the same messages, or have access to FP+ selections...

VWL Mom
02-19-2014, 06:35 AM
I did read that thread but can't seem to find any info elsewhere. Hoping somewhat here can let us know.

What bothers me, if you read on, is when the ADR is cancelled the FP+ still stands so the system is already being manipulated by those taking ADRs they have no intention of using.

DizneyFreak2002
02-19-2014, 11:53 AM
I did read that thread but can't seem to find any info elsewhere. Hoping somewhat here can let us know.

What bothers me, if you read on, is when the ADR is cancelled the FP+ still stands so the system is already being manipulated by those taking ADRs they have no intention of using.

Same here.. I'm bothered by the whole program/system anyway... LOL... But, that's why I asked... Hoping someone here can give some information... Seems like no one has any idea if this is the case or if that was just a glitch...

Speedy1998
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

This suprises you? People manipulated the old fastpass system from the get go. I believe that is part of the reason that Disney started to enforce the return times, and now have created the fastpass + system.

:blush: Personnally, I am as guilty as everone else. As I am the only one in my family that likes thrill rides I would often pull 4 fastpasses and use them all myself. If I am understanding what I have read correctly, my days of doing that might be finished.

DizneyFreak2002
02-19-2014, 01:04 PM
This suprises you? People manipulated the old fastpass system from the get go. I believe that is part of the reason that Disney started to enforce the return times, and now have created the fastpass + system.

:blush: Personnally, I am as guilty as everone else. As I am the only one in my family that likes thrill rides I would often pull 4 fastpasses and use them all myself. If I am understanding what I have read correctly, my days of doing that might be finished.

Actually, Disney didn't start enforcing return times because people abused the system... Disney allowed guests to abuse the system... Management decision to allow guests to use the FP any time after the scheduled arrival time... They started enforcing the return times only because of FP+ not cause of abuse...

And yes, your days of 4 FP for one ride is over... :