PDA

View Full Version : Resort and magic bands

Disney_pups2
02-18-2014, 03:20 PM
I have read that the magic bands are being sent mainly to those staying on grounds. Is this true?
Also, we are going to Disney on A wish from an organization and are staying off grounds for part of the trip but I wanted to stay on grounds for part of the trip. If we do this, would the bands be usable for the entire trip??? Would I have to put the days on grounds at the beginning of the trip so they would be??

faline
02-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Currently, Magic Bands and adance fastpass+ reservations are only available to those with a valid on-site Disney reservation. They are, however, beginning to select annual pass holders for fastpass+ advance reservatations testing regardless of whether or not they are staying on site.

I've heard that those who stayed on-site for part of their trip AND have annual pass have been able to book fastpass+ reservations past their checkout date. I have not heard that this is true for other types of ticket media.

If you are staying off-site, you can book day of fastpass+ reservations. If a member of your party has special needs, you can use the new system for obtaining access - works sort of like the old fastpass system in that you are given a time to return to the ride/attraction to gain entry.