PDA

View Full Version : What's happening Mar 5-14th?

EeyoresBestFriend
02-16-2014, 08:53 PM
I noticed that there is a black out for offers around that date. Anyone know what is happening at that time?

Dream'nDisney
02-16-2014, 09:19 PM
I know my daughter has spring break during that time, so maybe a lot of other schools do as well??

eandrsmom
02-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Mardi Gras is March 4. I know that most of the schools in South Louisiana are off that week. I cannot tell you the number of families that I know who are planning on being there that week. It's kind of funny being on vacation and seeing everyone from home.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-17-2014, 11:00 AM
It is also March Break for us up in Ontario, Canada. The "cool" thing to do during March Break is go to Disney ... so we're also to blame. :)

Basket Mommy
02-17-2014, 03:21 PM
I believe that's also opening weekend for Flower & Garden Festival.

buzznwoodysmom
02-17-2014, 04:00 PM
I was thinking Mardi Gras as well.

We were in Disney last Mardi Gras and it was way more crowded than past Mari Gras'. As a matter of fact our Mardi Gras trip last year was more crowded than our Thanksgiving trip.

mardigrasmouse
02-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Last Mardi Gras was very crowded. We talked to a Disney official one evening and he said the parks were crowded due to more than they forecasted visitors and the parks and crowd control were not set up for the amount of people visiting. The contruction wall in Fantasyland made it even worse to move people from point A to point B. But that did not stop us from going back this Mardi Gras...9 days til the magic happens.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-18-2014, 01:04 AM
That's really cool! Is Mardi Gras the same time every year? How long does it last?

I am thinking of booking around this time next year and am just wondering about time frame and how busy to expect it to be.

Thanks for the insight! :D

mardigrasmouse
02-18-2014, 07:40 AM
Ash Wednesday is always 46 days before Easter, and Fat Tuesday is always the day before Ash Wednesday. Easter can fall on any Sunday from March 23 to April 25, with the exact date to coincide with the first Sunday after the full moon following a spring equinox. There you have it. Voila! If you're still confused, get out a calendar that has the holidays printed on it. Fat Tuesday is always the day before Ash Wednesday!

Mardi Gras Dates
2015 Feb. 17 (coinsides with President's week, super crowded)
2016 Feb. 9

Most SE LA students out of school for the week.

DisneyFan1979
02-18-2014, 09:10 AM
I know that the earlier offers were not blacked out for those dates. So if you're thinking of a trip next year, you should have luck if you book early enough. We're staying at the Beach Club the 8th-10th (staying on DVC points at AKL the 4 nights before that) and we originally booked a pin code discount. We then got APs so our travel agent switched the reservation to an AP discount as that was better.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Most Excellent!

Thanks for all your help - it looks like the dates I have chosen will work out fine with out hitting a more major crowded time! :joy: