PDA

View Full Version : 7 day Orlando plan

hiteshkkk
02-16-2014, 08:49 AM
Hi..

I'm from India n planning to visit Orlando in may.. Have already booked my flights.. Coming to Orlando on 6 n leaving on 13

One of my friend who's working in USA would also join me along with his wife..

I'm with my wife n 5 yrs old kid..

We have already booked a vacation rental in Orlando few miles from all attractions..

We have also booked a rental car for this week.

I need suggestions on what all parks to cover in this week n combination of tickets to be booked ie. Park hopper or multi day..

I'm very much new to all Orlando stuff so need suggestions on what would be ideal considering my group n kid.

We also plan to go to cocoa beach n Kennedy space centre 1 day..

Thanks in advance..

Pirate Granny
02-16-2014, 10:48 AM
There are so many things in Orlando. I would go online and check out the various parks. There are two parks for Universal; there is Sea World, there is Lego land and then the four Disney Parks. I would make sure you do one Day at the Magic Kingdom...for the rest you need to review the rides, shows and attractions of the other three parks and the three other venues. Your friend in the USA should be able to give you some input as for tickets and prices.

ENJOY...but make sure to take time just to RELAX and enjoy your family and friends. That's a long trip for seven night stay!

Welcome to INTERCOT

Janmac
02-17-2014, 03:31 PM
My recommendation would be to look around the "info central" tab at the top of this page, and/or get some guide books. There is a huge amount of stuff to do in Orlando. And Orlando parks, whether they're Sea World, Magic Kingdom or Universal Studios are huge. Lots of walking.

Walt Disney World (WDW) itself is so big that if you had 7 days for just WDW, you wouldn't be able to see everything. Magic Kingdom (MK) is something like 10 miles from Animal Kingdom (AK). Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios (DHS) are in between.

Disney ticket costs per day go down the more days you buy, making the ninth and tenth days almost 10% of the cost of the first day's ticket. One of the Intercot sponsors - links to the left -sells Disney tickets. They offer a 4 day ticket with the fifth day free. This offer is on both the one day-one park version of Disney admission, or if you chose the park hopper, which gains you entry into one, two or all the parks on the same day. One reason I like park hoppers is that they give me more options.

I'm thinking the ticket center doesn't send tickets to India but perhaps tickets can be sent to your USA friend. You won't get fifth day free buying tickets at the park gate. Be careful where you buy tickets from. Definitely do NOT buy from Ebay.

When we bring first time visitors to WDW we usually do not visit all 4 major Disney parks. Depending on our group we may leave out DHS or AK. Visiting 3 Disney parks in 5 days is a typical scenario, usually with park hopper passes. We visit Epcot most evenings and alternate mornings with our other two parks - MK and perhaps AK. Since you are 4 adults and a five year old, I'd chose AK rather than DHS. Kids seem to like AK. Kids also like to revisit a park. We tend to do MK one morning, then AK the next, then MK. The second or third time at MK is almost more exciting for a 5 year old.

Each day Disney opens one park early to resort guests only or allows them to stay later in the evening. You will want to avoid the early opening park. Example: if MK opens early on 7 May, you will want to go to AK. If MK does not open early on 8 May, that would be a good morning for MK.

Best course of action is to start with the info central and as you read and learn, you will have more questions. Ask them here. The more you know, the better your trip will be.

Jan

hiteshkkk
02-18-2014, 12:55 PM
That was a very comprehensive info...

Will do my research my revert..

In the mean time thanks to both the members...

mom2morgan
02-18-2014, 01:45 PM
With 7 days and being new to Orlando, I would personally not try to do Universal or Seaworld - I'd stick to Disney. This would also suit the age of your child - while Universal is a GREAT park, it has less to do for really young ones. If you could fit in Seaworld it's pretty unique. I'm assuming your first and last days are going to be mostly travel, so that really only leaves you 6 days to tour. You are going to want at LEAST one day in the Magic Kingdom - maybe 2! If you also want to do the other three Disney parks, plan one day for each of those. And then maybe a day right in the middle to rest? You can tour Downtown Disney, or visit some of the Disney Deluxe resorts (they all have nice restaurants - make sure you reserve in advance!), or head back to your home base and swim etc. You are coming at a VERY nice time of year - shouldn't be too crowded, and the weather is fabulous then. As for Park Hopper tickets - UNLESS you want to eat meals in Epcot, I don't think you'll need them. As a first timer, you will probably spend your whole day in one park, and since you are staying off site, I assume you'll be eating off site a lot as well? If you DO change your mind and decide you want to park hop, you can add that on when you are there. My biggest mistake from my first trip was trying to do too much at once (we went for 5 days - one for each Disney park plus one for Seaworld. Even with my youngest being 8 and my others being teens it was TOO MUCH and everyone was exhausted!). Also, I didn't know you have to reserve pretty much ALL Disney restaurants ahead of time, so we ended up eating nothing but "counter service" meals.