PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it for a 5K?

tinksmom02
02-14-2014, 12:54 PM
I have started walking this past fall and I really enjoy it. Between Sept & Dec last year I did 5 5Ks, and I'm already signed up for 4 5Ks and an 8K this year. Let me stress that I walk.

I see registration is open for the Twilight Zone 10-miler. I asked DD about that and she doesn't want to do that one, but the Haunted 5K looks doable. I would LOVE to walk (:blush:) a runDisney event, and we could easily do a weekend of it. Is it worth the cost, do you think, to just do a 5K?

I saw they offer a 5K for the Food & Wine, too, but I'm thinking the area might be less crowded at the beginning of Oct?

Are the room and ticket discounts they offer after registering a good deal?

Christine
02-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Truly I don't care for ToT 5K- it's just running around ESPN. I would do the wine and dine out of the 2.

I think it is worth it to do a runDisney 5K. You'll get a feel for it & likely get hooked & train for more races.

tinksmom02
02-14-2014, 04:50 PM
I would love to do the Wine & Dine 5K (that one goes though AK, right?), although the crowds concern me. Plus, I won't have my daughter that weekend, so unless I can find a friend with $$, I would be solo, and not sure I"m up for that.

UPDATE: So, I reached out to a friend and she is a "maybe probably" for the F&W 5k in AK! Thanks for the suggestion but now I have another question: reading other posts in this forum have me nervous about registering. Do you find the 5K sells out quickly? Like, do I need to take a day off work to make sure I can get in? I see the ToT stuff is all still available (although I can't remember when it opened).

TIA!