PDA

View Full Version : flying home after the cruise

paragon
02-11-2014, 12:35 PM
I couldn't get a direct flight home to Manchester NH after our upcoming April cruise, flying United for the first time, one stop changing planes in Chicago ( ugghh..), have never done this before, so I'm curious about baggage. Will my bags go all the way back to Manachester NH, or am I going to have to go through baggage claim in Chicago and recheck them for the connecting flight???

faline
02-11-2014, 01:16 PM
When you have a connecting flight on the same airline, your bags will go all the way to Manchester. You do not need to gather your bags at your connecting point.

paragon
02-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought, but we never had to do this before because its always been a nonstop. So, I'm assuming that the luggage tags that I will get will have MHT as the final destinantion, even though its two separate flights?
I ask because I just completed my online check in, April 26th Cruise! and when filling out the return flight section, there is no spot for a connecting flight, just the departing flight, but I also think I can use United check in on board.

faline
02-11-2014, 02:10 PM
That's correct. The tags attached to your luggage should always indicate your final destination - in your case - MHT.

paragon
02-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks again. Good, now we just have to sit around the airport all day waiting for that second flight. Hope we have our electronics all charged up- its gonna be a long day.