PDA

View Full Version : Nine Dragons

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-11-2014, 10:20 AM
Been waffling on our last Epcot meal, I want to eat somewhere we've never eaten there before but mom tends to be picky. I was thinking we should do one of the Asian restaurants and had been looking at the Japanese restaurants. I've never considered Nine Dragons mostly because I never see anyone on Intercot eating there. Just wondering why, is it bad or is it because Chinese food isn't anything special. The pictures of the restaurant look beautiful. I see a lot of people go to Teppon Edo but not as many Tokyo Dining, but I see better sushi offerings at TD????

DizneyFreak2002
02-11-2014, 10:56 AM
Not that the food is bad... it's not... I choose not to usually dine there because I eat Chinese food at home...

Last time I did dine there, it was a last minute decision by my friend and I... We originally were going to eat at San Angel, but my friend didn't care for the menu and thought the prices were too high... We walked over to China to check out Nine Dragons... Was empty, so we decided to eat there... The food was nothing special... Was okay but not great...

AgentC
02-11-2014, 11:25 AM
I've eaten there once. Maybe twice. The food is fine. Pretty much standard Chinese. I'd eat there again but it wouldn't be at the top of my list pretty much for the same reason as DizneyFreak.

Teppan Edo is the hibachi restaurant. I haven't been for a few years but we enjoyed it when we went. If you have been to that style restaurant before, the meal will be what you expect. You do get seated with others unless you have a large party. You can get sushi there as an appetizer but it is really about the grill.

Toyko Dining has more variety and a big sushi menu.

SurferStitch
02-11-2014, 11:38 AM
DH and I love Nine Dragons.

We eat Chinese at home, but it's definitely a step up from the Chinese places in our area (we have several within a 5 mile radius).

I love their Salt and Pepper Shrimp on Spinach Noodles. The flavor is fantastic, and the hot pepper oil on the noodles is delicious.

The food isn't swimming in sauce like you usually get at local Chinese places. Don't get me wrong, I love our local places, but Nine Dragons is just better.

The restaurant is beautiful, and the service is always very friendly and efficient. The last several times we've gone (over a 5 year period), we've actually gotten the same server every time.

We also love Teppan Edo, but the last time we were there, I tried the salmon filet on the last visit (had scallops and shrimp at every meal on the trip, and wanted to try something new). It was very fishy... not good at all. Our chef was also pretty bad and very boring. Other visits were excellent, but this last one left us less than eager to return. Maybe we'll try again in another year or so.

Dulcee
02-11-2014, 11:47 AM
We don't do it because its very much Americanized Chinese food that you can find in most chinese restaurants around you.

We don't do Teppan Edo either because hibachi restaurants are all over the place in our area.

We do however enjoy Tokyo Dining. Their menu is less main stream and their sushi is great and they have a tempura menu for more finicky eaters.

bmj721
02-11-2014, 12:40 PM
We have eaten there several times over the years. Have not been disappointed. In our area we have excellent Chinese restaurants and buffets. However, Nine Dragons is a great place for lunch or dinner. In fact, we will be eating there in about two weeks.:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-11-2014, 03:13 PM
We don't do it because its very much Americanized Chinese food that you can find in most chinese restaurants around you.

We don't do Teppan Edo either because hibachi restaurants are all over the place in our area.

We do however enjoy Tokyo Dining. Their menu is less main stream and their sushi is great and they have a tempura menu for more finicky eaters.

Kind of what I was thinking. I know she would do fine with the Chinese but Tokyo Dining appeals the most to me. I'm thinking she'd be okay with the Tempura?

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-11-2014, 03:14 PM

Kind of what I was thinking. I know she would do fine with the Chinese but Tokyo Dining appeals the most to me. I'm thinking she'd be okay with the Tempura? Do they take the dining plan?