PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest for Lunch

MrPeetrie
02-11-2014, 09:10 AM
We are planning on returning to Walt Disney World this Fall after a one-year hiatus. We want to eat lunch at Be Our Guest. Is this a FastPass+-able restaurant at lunchtime. If so, is it worth it? We will be there mid-September so crowds shouldn't be unbearable. Should we save one of our precious FastPass+ reservations for something else?

Thanks, again, InterCotees!

VWL Mom
02-11-2014, 09:22 AM
The FP+ for BOG lunch does not come out of your daily 3 FP+, it's separate. If you want to eat there go ahead and make the reservation.

DizneyFreak2002
02-11-2014, 11:02 AM
FP is available, but as Lynn said, not as part of your 3 choices... My opinion: if you can FP it, then go for it... if you have to wait in a long line to get in, pass it up... Depending how fast that line moves obviously... While the interior is fantastic, the food isn't anything I'd say deserves a 1 hour wait for... The food was fine, but nothing great...

AgentC
02-11-2014, 11:27 AM
If you want to try it, definitely use the Fast Pass. Lines are usually at least an hour. I think everyone should eat there once to experience the inside.

I enjoyed my lunch there but I don't enjoy waiting in line for it. :)

#1donaldfan
02-11-2014, 12:08 PM
I would FP it !! The atmosphere is perfect, exactly what you'd expect in a castle, however the food is just normal run of the mill quick service. We were lucky with our DD being invited to FP it right after it opening. We passed by tons of people who had obviously been waiting for hours. They were even handing out unbrellas (not for rain, but for the sun) and giving out ice water to keep them from "expiring" on the bridge !! :thumbsup:

denidale
02-11-2014, 05:11 PM
The FP+ for BOG lunch does not come out of your daily 3 FP+, it's separate.

Can someone explain this to me? I thought this would count as one of the "regular" FP+ choices. Are they just calling it a FP+ since BOG is quick service for lunch and therefore you can't make an ADR?? :confused:

VWL Mom
02-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Can someone explain this to me? I thought this would count as one of the "regular" FP+ choices. Are they just calling it a FP+ since BOG is quick service for lunch and therefore you can't make an ADR?? :confused:

It allows you to access BOG via the FP+ line and even preorder your meal if you'd like. Also it does not come up on the FP+ selections but needs to be booked on the BOG site (https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/Login.aspx).

ftwildernesskid
02-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Do I have to use the site or could I call and try to book a fp for lunch?

VWL Mom
02-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Do I have to use the site or could I call and try to book a fp for lunch?

It needs to be booked online. Blocks of dates are released sporadically so if your date is not yet available keep checking back. When I went In January the first few days of my stay opened almost a month out and the last few days opened the week before I left.

joonyer
02-12-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this place for myself on our next trip. I won't have unrealistic expectations about the food, but it sounds like a really cool atmosphere/vibe.

MrPeetrie
02-13-2014, 10:14 PM
It needs to be booked online. Blocks of dates are released sporadically so if your date is not yet available keep checking back. When I went In January the first few days of my stay opened almost a month out and the last few days opened the week before I left.

Is it my imagination or is planning a Disney trip becoming more and more reminiscent of studying for the SATs?

MargaretMessler
02-14-2014, 09:23 AM
In reference to your trip being in mid September and waits not being bad, I can tell you that I was there mid September this past year and we did stand by (previous to FP being an option) and waited about 30 minutes around 1pm.

But they were offering umbrellas to those in line for the sun, and serving water and lemonade from a cart on the bridge. Also handing out menus to look over.

Bruegge
02-14-2014, 01:36 PM
I called the wdwdine number and tried to get a dinner reservation and asked about Lunch fastpass .

He said call back every morning for the dinner reservation that they are all full for my June trip. That was my "best bet" in finding a reservation.

I told him I tried to get the lunch FP+ and had no luck.

He said they are sending out Invitations to select guests to use the beourguestlunch site and allow reservations that way. That is the only way the special web site works... so he said.

They are sent out via email...

Has anyone gotten such an email?