PDA

View Full Version : What are biggest Deluxe Resort discounts that you've seen?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Just curious. A possible post Thanksgiving trip might be in the works. Our budget and family size (5) usually predicates us staying at a moderate POR-AB level resort, and the past two times we had the free dining 2010 & 2012.

I'm just curious, what is the biggest discount you've seen offered at a Deluxe during this time frame. I'm talking pin codes, Disney Visa, public offering, AP holder, whatever.

I have in my head that its 30% as a norm but thought I'd ask. I'm leaning towards BC/YC or Boardwalk if we did it at the deluxe level.

I don't know if Disney is cutting back on the discounts or not. Kind of hoping that maybe negative feedback on the MYWbands and Universals launching of another Harry Potter world might keep the pressure on to keep them coming.

BrerGnat
02-10-2014, 05:50 PM
I think 30-35% Maximum public room discount. The only better ones that I am aware of is 40% for Military and 50% for travel agents.

buzznwoodysmom
02-10-2014, 07:22 PM
The best deluxe discount we have had is the military discount, 40% off.

What I have seen recently is usually around 30% off. There may have been a 35% or a 25% as well. It depends on when you are traveling, and in some cases even which resort you wish to stay at.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-10-2014, 07:59 PM
We got a 40% deluxe PIN code we used for our 2011 December trip

AgentC
02-10-2014, 09:39 PM
A few years ago I got a 40% pin and maybe an AP discount at that rate, but that last few years they tend to be 30-35% and the amount does vary by resort. I've also occasionally gotten really good discounts as a bounce back.

joonyer
02-10-2014, 09:43 PM
In 2005 we got a 40% PIN offer we used at WL, but it was for February. I think the days of those size discounts are history now.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-10-2014, 11:01 PM
I think 30-35% Maximum public room discount. The only better ones that I am aware of is 40% for Military and 50% for travel agents.

Does Magical Journeys need interns?:D

vicster
02-11-2014, 07:52 AM
We've gotten 40% off WL for September a couple of years ago. It was better than free dining for the two of us.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-11-2014, 10:37 AM
We've gotten 40% off WL for September a couple of years ago. It was better than free dining for the two of us.

That's usually my issue, free dining vs room discount. Unfortunately, WL is off the table for me, as no rooms, other than Club Level Deluxe accommodate a family of 5.

For a family of 5 (2 adults - 3 children) if I compare POR-AB with free dining to the BC with a 30% discount, evening including a rental car at POR that I wouldn't get at BC, BC would still cost me about $2500 more for 10 nights, which is hard on our budget to justify.

But, if free dining isn't on the table, and it comes down to room discount vs. room discount, then BC is only about $1200 more in comparison and is more of an option.

If the room discounts are even greater, say 35-40%, then YC/BC/BW certainly start to look better in comparison.

That darn free dining makes it hard to break out of the moderate level, which is why I'm crossing my fingers that somehow a good pin code or public offer will show up.