PDA

View Full Version : downtown disney parking

disney obsessed
02-08-2014, 01:42 PM
How is parking these days?

mickclub1955
02-08-2014, 01:57 PM
In a word, terrible. I was there a couple of weeks ago and just the traffic on that end of the "World" was horrendous. I decided to drive there the day I went instead of taking the bus because I was on a tight schedule earlier in the day. The lots were closed by the time I got there around 3:30pm. They had cast members directing traffic and I was directed into the Casting Building parking area across the street. I am so glad there was a light there at that intersection to get out, because I had to turn left to get back to the POP. I will be glad when all of that is finally done. Bad thing is, it may take all year.

Altair
02-08-2014, 02:22 PM
We went straight from AK and it wasn't bad. They parked us on the West Side in the back. When we left a few hours later, traffic was a nightmare and it looked like total confusion. :(

Christine
02-09-2014, 09:30 AM
I think it depends on time of day. If I try to go during the say it is chaos. Friday night we went to the movies at dtd and it was simple.

I will gladly bear the headaches for what is to come! A parking structure is going to be heavenly!!

yankeesfan123
02-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Are both bus stations still open? I thought I remembered hearing that the pleasure island depot might close at some point during the refurb.

doombuggy
02-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Yes, they are both open.

DizneyFreak2002
02-26-2014, 12:19 AM
West Side parking garage, planned to open for Christmas this year...

Dsnygirl
02-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Just parked there last Friday at 3:30 pm on what had been a slightly rainy afternoon there... parked w/o difficulty in between the right sided lot by the main shopping entrance (was full) and West Side... came in thru the entrance behind WoD and the parking was easy. Seems they are making progress...

epceddie
03-11-2014, 08:39 PM
The traffic flow when we were there last month was horrible. We drove once and ended up taking a boat the rest of our stay.
Saw a new parking garage being built and all I could think was how much of an eyesore it's going to be. It's going to block out a lot of the DTD venues. We've always enjoyed driving past there at night and seeing everything all lit up.

minnie04
03-12-2014, 09:57 AM
NIGHTMARE :ack: We used to wait until the last day to go there and buy things to take home, but now that the parking is SO bad. I make sure we go during our stay to avoid that craziness... We just take the bus. It's so much easier..

texas211
03-15-2014, 08:47 PM
I went around 10am on a weekday. No problem. Later in the day, and it was like Ben Hur in the parking lot.

I highly recommend installing spikes in your car hubcaps and a battering ram.