PDA

View Full Version : $40 Soda Pass?

Disney1977
02-08-2014, 10:59 AM
My neighbor just booked a cruise and her travel agent sold her children $40 drink passes. The kids can get all the soda they want for the 4 day cruise with a special button/badge.

What is this? I thought the soda was free on all Disney ships.

Thank you for your help.

BrerGnat
02-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Must be on another line. I know Royal Caribbean and Carnival offer soda cards.

Soda is free on Disney. They have fountains out and you can drink as much as you want at any of them.

Basket Mommy
02-08-2014, 12:01 PM
When we cruised on Carnival we bought soda passes for our kids. Disney cruises offer free sodas.

SurferStitch
02-09-2014, 08:55 AM
I remember when we did a Disney cruise back in 2003 with another couple, they purchased one soda pass. They got some special sicker on their room card. They just shared the pass (I know.... not supposed to share).

DH and I didn't get one, but everywhere we went, we DID get free soda, especially at the clubs. We would each have 2-3 drinks when we were out at the club at night, and after that would just want soda... the bartender NEVER charged us... probably because we went every night, and paid for alcohol prior to drinking soda.

So, did they charge for soda at one time? I clearly remember them buying a special soda pass thing.

BrerGnat
02-09-2014, 12:33 PM
DCL used to charge for soda. That is correct.