PDA

View Full Version : Tonga toast

Davy Crockett
02-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Who has had Tonga Toast at the Poly?
I've heard a lot of people mention it.
It looks like French toast, can someone tell me more about it and more importantly did you like it Yes or No?

T-Belle
02-08-2014, 01:42 AM
It's a banana stuffed French Toast that's deep fried ( I believe) and rolled in sugar and cinnamon. It's very good! oh great...now I want one!!! Ha!

Lindsey310
02-08-2014, 08:20 AM
It's a banana stuffed French Toast that's deep fried ( I believe) and rolled in sugar and cinnamon. It's very good! oh great...now I want one!!! Ha!

Exactly. It's good but veryyyyyyy sweet!! :blush:
Try it once! :eat:

1 day left until AKL!!!!!!! :cloud9:

mickclub1955
02-08-2014, 08:36 AM
It is a must have for me every time I go. They give you syrup or strawberry compote to put on it. I like it plain or with a little bit of strawberry. It is very sweet without anything on it. It comes with your choice of bacon or sausage. I like it so much I got the recipe and tried it out at home.

SBETigg
02-08-2014, 01:10 PM
It's like French toast, but a little on the dry side, probably because it's so thick. The banana stuffing adds some moisture. There is a lot of the cinnamon sugar on the outside. If you're not into the cinnamon sugar coating, this isn't a good bet for you. I think it's really good, but not a must have for me.

MargaretMessler
02-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Others have given a good description. We tried it on our last trip, it was really good. Also came with a berry "dressing" of sorts which I was only so-so on but the one thing I do remember is it's definitely a two person sized meal - unless you want to budget a nap into your timeframe for the day!

Must try at least once. The pineapple macadamia pancakes were also good

JerseyDad
02-08-2014, 07:17 PM
It's a banana stuffed French Toast that's deep fried ( I believe) and rolled in sugar and cinnamon.

...oh ...it's health food.

DizneyFreak2002
02-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Who has had Tonga Toast at the Poly?
I've heard a lot of people mention it.
It looks like French toast, can someone tell me more about it and more importantly did you like it Yes or No?

Tonga Toast is a slice of heaven!!!!! :cloud9:

Davy Crockett
02-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Tonga Toast is a slice of heaven!!!!! :cloud9:

EXCELLENT!

Thanks guys sounds like a must have when we get there.

It's found at Capt. Cooks correct.

Davy Crockett
02-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Exactly. It's good but veryyyyyyy sweet!! :blush:
Try it once! :eat:

1 day left until AKL!!!!!!! :cloud9:

Jealous!!! Have a GREAT trip!

TheDuckRocks
02-10-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm not a fan of Tonga Toast - too big, too dry and too sweet for me. I love the pineapple macadamia pancakes or the Big Kahuna, where I can have everything. I do always have to split both of these with someone though.

mickclub1955
02-10-2014, 11:10 AM
EXCELLENT!

Thanks guys sounds like a must have when we get there.

It's found at Capt. Cooks correct.

Don't know if it is served there, I do know that it is at Kona Cafe. Capt. Cooks is about to close for rehab starting in March, just to let you know.

cer
02-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Don't know if it is served there, I do know that it is at Kona Cafe. Capt. Cooks is about to close for rehab starting in March, just to let you know.

Tonga Toast is also served at Captain Cooks and for much less...in fact, it is the only place I have ever had it. :thumbsup:

mickclub1955
02-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Tonga Toast is also served at Captain Cooks and for much less...in fact, it is the only place I have ever had it. :thumbsup:

Good to know. Thanks.:thumbsup:

We usually just eat breakfast at Kona because we usually stay somewhere else on property. I did stay there in 2010 but somehow I forgot Tonga Toast was there.

Maddie
02-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Super good but its sweet and its alot...go with an empty belly! It is heaven in your mouth.

RavsRuleDisney!
02-22-2014, 10:23 AM
The DW swears by it - 'nuff said.

DANAM
02-22-2014, 05:18 PM
We went back twice on our last trip. My DH loved the tonga toast so much. I personally loved the macadamia pancakes. And I am not at all a breakfast person but they are to die for. Best Disney breakfast on property as far as my family is concerned.

Davy Crockett
03-01-2014, 03:29 PM

Thanks for letting me know that as we will be there in May and if it's going down for rehab in March I suspect it will still be closed. I guess if we want to try it then it will have to be at the Kona Café.

Question being that Capt. Cooks is the Poly's only QS what accommodations will Disney make for the resorts quests???