PDA

View Full Version : The LEGO Movie

AgentC
02-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Anyone planning on seeing The LEGO Movie this weekend? We saw the previews during Frozen. I thought it looked cute and the kids want to see it. We enjoy the Ninjago series on Cartoon Network so I thought it might be a fund movie.

I was surprised to see it is getting really good reviews. Rotten Tomatoes has it with a 98% critics rating and 91% audience.

BriarRose0708
02-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Anyone planning on seeing The LEGO Movie this weekend? We saw the previews during Frozen. I thought it looked cute and the kids want to see it. We enjoy the Ninjago series on Cartoon Network so I thought it might be a fund movie.

I was surprised to see it is getting really good reviews. Rotten Tomatoes has it with a 98% critics rating and 91% audience.

My boyfriend and the kids are so excited to see this movie but we can't take them until next weekend. I am not as into Legos as the 6, 8, and 35 year olds are, but at least it looks entertaining.

Mickey'sGirl
02-07-2014, 11:49 AM
We have been counting down for a year, and my poor DS10 hasn't slept in a week. He has already started collecting the Minifigures (we have a LEGO room in our house) .... CAN'T wait until tomorrow, but alas we must!

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

conan617
02-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Im taking the kids on Sunday. We love the lego video games at our house and when the trailer came on before Frozen the kids started shaking in their seats with excitement.

Just so I can have the same experience in the theater as at home, I will have to step on a lego piece in the dark. :)

Kenny1113
02-07-2014, 12:43 PM
My kids have also been looking forward to this since seeing the first preview about a year ago. My kids are HUGE lego fans. I think they get more and more excited each preview they see. Their new favorite is the one with the cats named some version of fluffy and the last one named Jeff. We are going to see it on Sunday. We plan on watching Frozen tonight, I can't believe we still haven't seen it. Busy, busy...

tinkwest
02-07-2014, 12:46 PM
When this preview concluded in the theater (before Frozen began) a little boy several rows in front of us shouted out, "that looks excellent!" I think it could be a fun movie but I can't find anyone who will see it with me. :(

Mickey'sGirl
02-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Their new favorite is the one with the cats named some version of fluffy and the last one named Jeff. :thumbsup::cat::cat::cat::cat:

I think it could be a fun movie but I can't find anyone who will see it with me. :( :here: We'll save you a seat!!

BrerGnat
02-07-2014, 01:34 PM
We are going to definitely see it but may wait until next weekend, since the kids have the 17th off.

Mickey'sGirl
02-09-2014, 01:08 PM
It was awesome! :thumbsup: I even cried a bit.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Took the wife and three kids to see it today. I thought it was pretty good, maybe 7 out of 10 or 3 stars out of 5. It was cute and the humor could be intended for young and old. There were a few references that I laughed at that I'm sure my kids were "huh?"

I saw where the movie was heading early on, but won't spoil it.

A cute movie, but it doesn't feel like one that would necessarily hold up to repeated viewings. I think of how many times my kids have watched Tangled, I don't think this movie would get quite that attention or lend itself to multiple viewings.

But it was original and done well, definitely worth seeing.

Dragongirlx
02-10-2014, 03:42 AM
Saw it this weekend and thought it was cool

can't get the song out of my head though:thumbsup:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Saw it this weekend and thought it was cool

can't get the song out of my head though:thumbsup:

That's AWESOME:number1:

BriarRose0708
02-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Everything is awesooooome!

If that song is still stuck in your head, you are not alone in that boat. We took the kids on Saturday and have been singing it ever since. We all enjoyed the movie very, very much and I loved how most of the jokes were side splitting but not full of gross-out humor and slapstick. It was smart, touching, and very entertaining. We're probably going to see it again soon!

BrerGnat
02-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Going today! My kids are really excited.

Middle of the Map
03-03-2014, 12:20 AM
I'm going to have to see the darn thing again because I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff the first time.

Everything is AWESOME!