PDA

View Full Version : External phone battery & charger

Alpha Jeanie
02-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Now that we are all relying on our smart phones to connect to my Disney experience while at the park , in case we need to change any fast passes the reservations, I'm looking for a good external phone battery charger in order to charge my phone at the parks. I realize they're charging stations but I hate to wait in that line . If you have any suggestions of a good external battery or phone charger I would love to hear them. :mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
02-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Click on Amazon's sponsor link on the top-left of this webpage, then search "Anker Astro Mini 3000mAh" and then pick which color you want! I researched external chargers to death and this unit is compact, cheap, and universal.

JerseyDad
02-07-2014, 11:41 AM
....I just bought a few external batteries from 'nomorerack', ... they are 2600mAh chargers packs (batteries) ...and they come packed 2 per package for less than $20 bucks ...and, they come with the USB mini-cable.

...I always keep one charging in my car ...then throw it in my briefcase prior to a meeting or a day on a construction site.

....absolute life-savers for me.

Dopey's Girl
02-07-2014, 12:28 PM
I have a NewTrent one and love it. Got it on Amazon and it's going strong after a few years now. I won't travel without it anymore!

Tink1
02-07-2014, 12:33 PM
My sister bought me an iSound 16,000mAh Portable Power Max charger that can charge 5 devices at the same time. We were stuck in WDW due to hurricane Sandy after the Icot meet and with checking airline schedules, flights and news we really wore our batteries down.

Now every time we get bad weather at home, I make sure it is charged so I can at least play on my phone or read my nook if the power goes out.

Nanc

limegreenmonorail
02-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Just a helpful tip - I have an external phone charger that I carried with me every day when I was in Disney (sorry, don't have it with me right now and can't remember the brand). One day, I was meeting a friend in Downtown Disney and forgot to bring the charger, and my phone died before I found her, and couldn't reach her because her number was in my phone...I went to Guest Services to see if they could help. They sure did! They had universal phone chargers in their office, and took my phone to charge it. They just labeled it with my name, and told me to come back and pick it up whenever I wanted, after it had been able to charge for awhile. So helpful, and I imagine they'll do this in any Guest Service location, even in the parks, if you ask. They acted like it was a really common issue, and were very used to charging phones for folks.

minnie04
02-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Disney makes one that is so cute. I just bought it on my last trip. It comes in all black or red bottom like Mickey pants and a black top part that says Mickey Mouse on it. I took a chance with it and it really works great they had them on line at the Disney store but I guess they sold out. So I bought it in the park. Charged it that night and used it when my battery was low. It quickly charged me back up. I think it gives you 4 hours of battery life. It is the cutest. I love it and I'm going to buy another one when we go back. It was $35.00. I don't know much about chargers, but I do know this one worked great!!! And anything Mickey related I want…:mickey: