PDA

View Full Version : Pools at resorts at Universal - can you use any of them?

Gregandmel
02-05-2014, 09:39 AM
We are staying on site in June and staying at Pacific Royal. I don't see anything on line about using the pools at the other resorts, but I picked up a vacation booklet at our AAA office and it specifically states that you can use any of the pools while you are a guest there. I know that at Disney property you can't "pool hop" so wanted to know if anyone had done this? Like I said - states on the brochure you can use any of them. Thoughts?? THANKS!!

MizMissy
02-05-2014, 10:37 AM
I do not know, but the pools are very crowded, I cannot imagine they would just let anyone use them. However, in our large group of people, some had friends visit for the afternoon at the pool and it was never an issue. It is not like they check room keys at the gates.

The pools at the resorts are nice (HRH and Royal Pacific), but I do not think they are so great that it would be worth going to another hotel to use their pool. Just my opinion.

buzznwoodysmom
02-05-2014, 11:38 AM
I agree with Karen, none of the pools are so spectacular that we would feel the need to pool hop. Don't get me wrong they are all great pools, but none of them really stand out as better than the others. I'd skip the hassle of having to trek to another resort just for the pool.

And like Karen said, sometimes the pools can get crowded. Adding people from other resorts would make it hard for guest staying at the resort to find a chair.

ftwildernesskid
02-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I recently booked a trip there and the lady who helped me from Universal told me I could use any of the pools at any of their resorts, including the newest one which has a lazy river. Whether its worth the trouble, I don't know because this will be our first time staying at a Universal resort. But it is definitely an option.

NJGIRL
02-05-2014, 03:26 PM
I really don't think you can pool hop. We have stayed at their hotels many times and not once has anyone mentioned that.

All three of the pool are very nice. but can't imagine walking all of the way to another hotel to use a similar pool, but I wouldn't do that at Disney either, even if it was allowed.

Maleficent's Dad
02-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Yes, you definitely can use any of the pools if staying at one of the Universal Resorts. It is official policy. It's not a problem as people rarely take advantage of this "perk."
We've done it as a family. The front desk says that it's fine to do.

We have stayed at both RPH and PBH, and have used HRH's pool both times. You can actually charge food/drinks to your room from other resort pools.

NJGIRL
02-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Wow, that is news to me. No one has ever mentioned that to us in all of our stays. Not anyone taking my reservations over the phone or at the front desk during check in. It's good to know, but I still don't think that we will do it.

epceddie
03-15-2014, 06:48 PM
AT WDW, Disney Vacation Club members can pool hop just about anywhere except Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beacb Club and Bay Lake.
We've pool hopped to the Polynesian, the Boardwalk, POFQ, Caribbean Beach, Saratoga Springs and the Contemporary.

BelleCiavo
03-16-2014, 07:46 PM
We pool hop while at Royal Pacific because the pool lacks a slide. Hard Rock hotel pool is the best but crowded whenever we've been. Also, not as family friendly, again while we were there. Portofino pool is nice and hasn't been crowded when we've been. That's my favorite. Last time we were there though was 2009.