PDA

View Full Version : The RAGE. Seriously hate MM+

Buttercup
02-03-2014, 04:16 PM
What is going on in this situation?!

I have an annual pass. No problem for me; I can see it online, make FP+ reservations, no probs.

I just purchased some regular park hoppers for my husband and kids. They came in the mail today. I scanned them. I linked them in the app. I can see them now linked to my husband and kids.

I go to make FP+ reservations for everyone, and it says beside my husband and kids: "NOT ELIGIBLE FOR MY MAGIC +" and won't let me make any ressies for them.

WHAT THE ???

I tried online, and I tried in the app.

What am I doing wrong? Because I've been working on this for about an hour now and I'm about to throw a fit.

***Side Note*** Did I tell you about my last trip when I tried to make FP+ reservations and it would only give me a few crummy choices, like Aladdin's Magic Carpets, or the Tiki Room? Then another person in my group tried for the same dates and was able to get hundreds of different choices and times! I think this whole awful Magic Plus system has got it out for me...

AgentC
02-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Is it for your March trip when you are staying off site? If it is, I think that is why. If you have an annual pass and it was activated on My Magic + by an onsite stay, it will allow you to make your FP+ reservations up to 60 days out even if you are not staying on site.

I think even though you linked your husband and kids in your family group, it still recognizes that they are not onsite guests and will not allow them to reserve FP+ in advance.

My mom is linked to my profile because she normally travels with us. She has not stayed on site since MM+ and she shows up as not eligible in my profile.

Sorry you are having so many problems. :(

mickclub1955
02-03-2014, 04:34 PM
The fact that you are staying offsite is the reason for your issue. They will be able to make fp+ ressies day of your park visit at the kiosks.

Buttercup
02-03-2014, 04:57 PM
You are correct; we are staying off site in a vacation home. But I was under the impression that now that the paper FP kiosks have been removed from the parks, it was available to everyone? Can't remember where I heard that.

Here's the frustrating part.

I went on the CHAT feature of the disney website to talk to a cast member and get some answers.

She told me "It has nothing to do with whether or not you stay at a Disney Resort. It is because we are in testing phase and FP+ reservations are not available to all guests at this time."

So she told me directly it doesn't have to do with staying at a resort.

:confused:

mickclub1955
02-03-2014, 05:01 PM
You are correct; we are staying off site in a vacation home. But I was under the impression that now that the paper FP kiosks have been removed from the parks, it was available to everyone? Can't remember where I heard that.

Here's the frustrating part.

I went on the CHAT feature of the disney website to talk to a cast member and get some answers.

She told me "It has nothing to do with whether or not you stay at a Disney Resort. It is because we are in testing phase and FP+ reservations are not available to all guests at this time."

So she told me directly it doesn't have to do with staying at a resort.

:confused:
It actually does. Only Disney resort guests with a current resort reservation can make fast passes from 60 days in advance of their trip. All day guests can only make day of fast pass selections at the kiosks in the parks.

Melanie
02-03-2014, 05:05 PM
:bang:

Buttercup
02-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Okay so that's fine, if we can't make FP ressies in advance, no biggie. I can live with that. I'm just fed up with cast members who don't know what's what.
She actually was trying to tell me to go print out PAPER fastpass tickets from the kiosks... and she didn't believe me when I told her those machines are being removed.
Then she said I should try again when my trip is less than 60 days away. :confused: This is after I told her my trip was in 3 weeks from now.
(insert epic eye roll here)

So there's no real need for me to "link" their passes on the app then, right? So I've basically wasted my time on all of this, right?

GGAAAAAHHHHH!!!! :mad:

1DisneyNut
02-04-2014, 08:28 AM
If I were you, I would email Guest Services and give them all the details on the problems you have had and how their own CM's are giving you bad information.

Everything you have mentioned is exactly why for the first time in 14 years, we do not have any future WDW trips planned. I just simply do not have the patience to fight through all of the nonsense. I would have already called them and went on a cussing screaming rampage by now and I realize that so I am just staying away.

VWL Mom
02-04-2014, 08:51 AM
So there's no real need for me to "link" their passes on the app then, right? So I've basically wasted my time on all of this, right?

On the positive side, this way you will just need to swipe your magic band for park entry. :blush:

Melanie
02-04-2014, 09:24 AM
On the positive side, this way you will just need to swipe your magic band for park entry. :blush:

And then Mickey will turn blue instead of green and she'll be pulled over to the side with an iPad CM anyway. It's all fun and games, until half your day is wasted with silly stuff like this.

Buttercup
02-04-2014, 09:43 AM
And then Mickey will turn blue instead of green and she'll be pulled over to the side with an iPad CM anyway. It's all fun and games, until half your day is wasted with silly stuff like this.
YES. Ridiculous.
I *get* what they're trying to do, but their technology just isn't there yet.

VWL Mom
02-04-2014, 10:00 AM

Oh, I know Melanie, was just trying to be a little positive.

I was one of those lucky people whose AP disappeared trying to get into Epcot. Went from IPad person to ticket window back to IPad person and then remembered I had the pass in my wallet so just swiped that. Next day it mysteriously appeared back on the band.

BrerGnat
02-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Just use Ian's "they're with me" method.

emfleck
02-04-2014, 03:34 PM
I totally agree with you when you say that cast members are often not correct in the information they give you or you get two complete different answers to the same question. That's why I come here. I know I will 99.9% of the time get an accurate answer to my question. :rocks:

Melanie
02-04-2014, 03:43 PM
I totally agree with you when you say that cast members are often not correct in the information they give you or you get two complete different answers to the same question. That's why I come here. I know I will 99.9% of the time get an accurate answer to my question. :rocks:

Oh yeah. The CM thing regarding MM+ when we were there over Marathon Weekend was terrible. Sorry folks, but it's hard to not get frustrated.

divinedi
02-04-2014, 08:57 PM
I was there the end of January, and what I found frustrating, and I realize they are in the testing phase, but the FP+ lineups were longer than some of the lines for the rides. The old system of putting your paper ticket in the machine was much quicker. I know you only got one FP at a time, but sheesh. I was only one person, and it took a good 5 minutes to get the FP's, if there were a lot in the family, it took a lot longer. I don't know, love the bands for the rooms and getting in the parks, but not liking this FP+ thing at all.
I'm not one of those people that plan a lot ahead, I generally pick the park I want to go to that morning.....tried to use my tablet in the room, but it kept freezing on me at a certain point, which is why I decided to make them at the parks.

AndrewJackson
02-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Disney has a serious issue regarding CM training.

I had a long conversation with a CM on the phone regarding a 7-day valid ticket I have, that has never been used. She insisted that it had expired 14 days after I purchased it. I corrected her and told her that it would expire 14 days after first use, finally gave up, and told her that I would call back and get someone else.

Oh, and I stayed on the line for the survey... ;)

DizneyRox
02-05-2014, 02:13 PM
What training?

I gave up on CMs long before I gave up on WDW. I'm a believer in "pay peanuts, hire monkeys". And that's pretty much what they are dealing with at this point. The ineptness is truly astounding...

Bruegge
02-05-2014, 03:51 PM
example... I asked a cm on the phone if I could pick up my own bags and put have them put on Magical express.(early dinner that night, and DW likes to unpack upon arrival)

He said no.... if I wanted to use ME I had to have THEM get my bags and drop them in my room up to 3 hours later...

I believed this till I checked here (thank God you guys know what's going on)

ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK QUESTIONS YOU ARE NOT SURE OF.....

NJGIRL
02-05-2014, 04:16 PM

We just booked a Florida vacation for April and sadly we will not be going to Disney this time around. I won't go back until all of this nonsense is sorted out. We wasted so much time in Oct each day getting pulled over after waiting in the line....then no fast passes and long ride wait times.

I will go back after they fix the mess that they made.

MNNHFLTX
02-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Every time a thread like this comes up I find myself mentally putting my fingers in my ears and going "la-la-la-la". I just don't want to think about the complexities (and this coming from a Theme Parks moderator--sorry!) Where is the joy in planning a vacation at WDW these days?

mom2morgan
02-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Okay so that's fine, if we can't make FP ressies in advance, no biggie. I can live with that. I'm just fed up with cast members who don't know what's what.

TOTALLY there with you! It's happened so many times that I've been told one thing in advance over the phone and then in person been told "nope". Or even different answers by two different cast members in the same resort or park!

AgentC
02-06-2014, 07:49 AM
TOTALLY there with you! It's happened so many times that I've been told one thing in advance over the phone and then in person been told "nope". Or even different answers by two different cast members in the same resort or park!

That is one of my pet peeves too though part of it comes from having a huge staff base. I work for a huge corporation and I am always stunned that we daily have associates tell customers things that just aren't true. :(

Speedy1998
02-06-2014, 01:08 PM

I had a long conversation with a CM on the phone regarding a 7-day valid ticket I have, that has never been used. She insisted that it had expired 14 days after I purchased it. I corrected her and told her that it would expire 14 days after first use, finally gave up, and told her that I would call back and get someone else.

Oh, and I stayed on the line for the survey... ;)

I had that problem trying to buy tickets at the Disney Store. They kept telling me that the tickets would expire in 14 days, I asked them if they had changed the ticket policy. They said "No, it has been like this for years." :bang:

emfleck
02-06-2014, 01:45 PM
I had that problem trying to buy tickets at the Disney Store. They kept telling me that the tickets would expire in 14 days, I asked them if they had changed the ticket policy. They said "No, it has been like this for years." :bang:

Oh my, that is not good that they don't seem to know this. This is kind of an important fact to get right if you are a CM. Yikes!

ginger19
02-06-2014, 05:48 PM
I am here now and there are FP+ kiosks in every park. The lines are often long but there are many different places.

disneynarula
02-10-2014, 08:16 AM
It is threads like this that have me rethinking my plans for next September. Maybe we will go to California instead before they start FP+ there.

1DisneyNut
02-10-2014, 10:11 AM
It is threads like this that have me rethinking my plans for next September. Maybe we will go to California instead before they start FP+ there.

That is what we decided to do and I keep seeing others post the same.

I seriously doubt they will put FP+ in Disneyland. From what I have read, there aren't even very many attractions with FP at all in Disneyland. Personally, I prefer it that way and wish we could go back to the pre-fastpass days at WDW. It was such a more enjoyable experience.....you just show up, pick a direction and start riding.

My2Sons
02-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Oh my. We just got back from WDW. Had a nice time overall, but the FP+ system is terrible! I just got a survey from them today asking me about my experiences with it. I was very honest.

If you are planning a trip and want FastPasses, you're going to have to pick them far in advance. You don't HAVE to, but if you don't, there is a slim chance you will get the rides you want at the times you want.

As we prefer to be spontaneous, this was an issue for us. We didn't try to get FP until a day or two before and it was nearly impossible. They were all gone. I do not like the new system at all. And we were there at one of the slowest times.