PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade MS to get Horions back?

jclightchasr
02-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Just curious how people will respond. Would there be any other rides you would consider trading out to bring back something extinct???
Perhaps Stitch for Alien Encounter, or Buzz for Dreamflight?

Arielfan98
02-03-2014, 02:58 PM
I have never ridden Horizons it was way before my time, but I will say I'd rather have it than MS. From all the reviews I've heard from strangers, family friends and even my own parents, I heard it's one hell of a ride. Plus, MS isn't a must do on my list and it tends to make a lot of people sick even with the less intense option. So I'd trade MS for Horizons.

BrerGnat
02-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Yes. Absolutely. It was an amazing dark ride. I also would trade Test Track for World of Motion. And definitely Alien Encounter over Stitch.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-03-2014, 03:53 PM
I'd give up Stitch or any of the two previous occupants of that attraction for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

1DisneyNut
02-03-2014, 06:33 PM
I'd give up Stitch or any of the two previous occupants of that attraction for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Yes! I hate Stitch but really liked Alien Encounter. I would trade a number of attractions for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It is one of the most memorable rides ever.

They could take every one of the latest rides that have the cheap looking animation screens all through them (Nemo, The Three Caballeros and the new Little Mermaid in fantasy land) and can them. I would prefer they put Mr. Toad's wild ride, the original Snow White and the original El Rio Del Teimpo in place of those rides. I despise all of those new rides with the screens.

MargaretMessler
02-03-2014, 07:48 PM
I would definitely trade Stitch (though I like the character) to get Alien Encounter back. I miss Mr. Toad & 20,000 Leagues.

Also, I would trade the more often than not unused Wonders of Life pavilion to ride Body Wars & Cranium Command again.

Main Street Jim
02-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Trade:

M:S for Horizons

JIIwF for original JIYI

Current SSE for Walter Cronkite/"Tomorrow's Child" SSE

Pooh for Toad

LM for 20K

Stitch for ETAE

Princess Hall for SWSA

SD for Monster Sound Show

AIE for Doug! Live

FNtM for Tarzan Rocks!

DonaldDuckUSA
02-04-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm going to be the dissenting voice here. MS is awesome and I love it. I think the theming is awesome, the queue is educational (as EPCOT should be). They've added a less intense version and it's just a really fun experience. I've met so many kids who are THRILLED to ride it. I GOT TO NAVIGATE ON MARS!

Now, I would totally bring back Alien Encounter. It TERRIFIED me as a child, but I loved it after my first go-around. That being said, anything is better than Stitch. It is literally the worst ride in WDW.

SandmanGStefani24
02-04-2014, 12:54 PM
I think almost everyone would give up stitch for um, well ANYTHING else :D

As would I. But bring back Horizons? Wow, tough one bc I think it was amazing, but I think Mars is a nice fit, balancing thrills with some education, which I love about Epcot. Maybe we can find a way to gut Circle of Life and make a new Horizons! heh

While we're on that tangent, how about trading Wonders of Life for the empty space now sitting there? Body Wars was dated, and needed some repairs, but a new modern version would be great, IMO.

I'd also love to trade Gran Fiesta for El Rio Del Tiempo too. I tolerate it, mostly because of the memories of the old ride, but the Mrs refuses to ride it now.

As for Buzz, as much as I love the older rides and airplanes in general I think I'd leave Buzz there and not bring back Wings. We have Soarin now, and I think Buzz is a nice fit in Tomorrowland. Plus lots of people love it, and I always like going for a spin.

Main Street Jim
02-04-2014, 01:26 PM
As for Buzz, as much as I love the older rides and airplanes in general I think I'd leave Buzz there and not bring back Wings. We have Soarin now, and I think Buzz is a nice fit in Tomorrowland. Plus lots of people love it, and I always like going for a spin.With the Eastern Airlines name coming back soon, re-theme Soarin' to "If You Had Wings".....

disney obsessed
02-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Yes.

And I would love to have if you had wings back! It is one of my favorites. But I would not trade buzz for it. How about the stitch place.....ok now thats an idea.

I also would like a version of the timekeeper back...

Wait! Wait! The wonders of life can turn into a mix of extinct rides! Wings, timekeeper, any other ideas?

Main Street Jim
02-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Yes.

And I would love to have if you had wings back! It is one of my favorites. But I would not trade buzz for it. How about the stitch place.....ok now thats an idea.

I also would like a version of the timekeeper back...

Wait! Wait! The wonders of life can turn into a mix of extinct rides! Wings, timekeeper, any other ideas?How 'bout a whole 'nother *park* with all of the old attractions and shows...?

Ian
02-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Trades I would make in a heartbeat?

Mr Toad for Pooh
Journey Into Imagination for ... err ... whatever it's called now
Horizons for Mission: Space
World of Motion for Test Track
Buzz for If You Had Wings
Stitch for a bag of Baked Lays ;)

mickclub1955
02-04-2014, 09:34 PM

:funny::rotfl:

1DisneyNut
02-04-2014, 10:23 PM
How 'bout a whole 'nother *park* with all of the old attractions and shows...?

It would probably be the most popular park in the world.

AndrewJackson
02-05-2014, 07:47 AM

Mr Toad for Pooh
Journey Into Imagination for ... err ... whatever it's called now
Horizons for Mission: Space
World of Motion for Test Track
Buzz for If You Had Wings

Yes, yes, and yes....

How about a bag of Munchos at Aunt Polly's on Tom Sawyer's Island.

Speedy1998
02-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Seeing and MS makes me sick I would trade it for Horizons.

I would also like to see Journey into your imagination return. The orginal show was so much better thanwhat is there now.

Other than that I am not sure I would trade anything else out. Many of the attractions were fun, but they were also dated. I would rather that attractions that closed without being replaced were brought back i.e. the Swan Boats, Mike Fink's Keel boast, etc.

Gator
02-05-2014, 12:54 PM
I would never trade Mission Space for Horizons. I've watched the videos on that ride several times, and while it looks interesting, it has already been done at Spaceship Earth. M:S virtually is Horizons, just on steroids.

Surprised at a lot of trades that people would make. I love, LOVE, the new SSE - the voice over, the music - to me it's a vast improvement over what it was. And we have Mr Toad's Wild Ride out here, and if I could choose, I would go with Winnie. So would my kids. And Gran Fiesta is a huge improvement for me as well - the music isn't the most annoying on property anymore, and it has a fun element with Donald (my personal fav).

As for other things I WOULD change, I'd definitely go back to Alien Encounter. That was so much better than Stitch. Hard to believe that was the best they could do with that space. Overall though, I think that's the only change that didn't go well. Everything else has been an improvement since I've been going to WDW. Oh, except FP+ (someone had to throw it in there :D)

Daisy'sMom
02-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Absolutely:mickey:

Stu29573
02-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Yes.
And Yes to all the others as well.
So there!

Ian
02-05-2014, 10:36 PM
I would never trade Mission Space for Horizons. I've watched the videos on that ride several times, and while it looks interesting, it has already been done at Spaceship Earth. M:S virtually is Horizons, just on steroids.

Surprised at a lot of trades that people would make. I love, LOVE, the new SSE - the voice over, the music - to me it's a vast improvement over what it was. And we have Mr Toad's Wild Ride out here, and if I could choose, I would go with Winnie. So would my kids. And Gran Fiesta is a huge improvement for me as well - the music isn't the most annoying on property anymore, and it has a fun element with Donald (my personal fav).

As for other things I WOULD change, I'd definitely go back to Alien Encounter. That was so much better than Stitch. Hard to believe that was the best they could do with that space. Overall though, I think that's the only change that didn't go well. Everything else has been an improvement since I've been going to WDW. Oh, except FP+ (someone had to throw it in there :D)You know in many ways that's one of the cool things about Disney. We all have our own favorites and things we really enjoy. One man's meat is another man's poison and all that ... I think it's cool! :thumbsup::mickey::thumbsup:

disneynarula
02-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Trade it all back. While you are at it trade all the current technology upgrades for good old fashioned Disney customer service and ingenuity.