PDA

View Full Version : The Winter Soldier

AgentC
02-03-2014, 09:37 AM
They premiered the first full length trailer during the Super Bowl last night. (You can find it all over the web if you missed it).

What does everyone think? I really enjoyed the first movie and am looking forward to this one.

Melanie
02-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Super excited after seeing the preview. We were all buzzing afterwards.

PirateLover
02-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Can't wait! Love Captain America!

BrowncatP
04-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Saw the movie today. My husband and I both liked it. You do not have to see the first Captain America to see this second one. If you go, make sure that you stay until ALL of the credits run. There are TWO little scenes at the very end and they are not run right together. Its star names-first extra scene-then all the other credits-last scene.:thumbsup:

PirateLover
04-05-2014, 10:21 PM
I agree that you don't HAVE to see the first one to enjoy it, but I do think being familiar with the first one and Steve/Cap's history makes this one even better. In the first movie they make it a point to really build his character and show what made Steve Rogers a unique individual before he was experimented on. I think that plays heavily into the overarching theme of the 2nd film. DH and I will definitely be seeing this one again. Yes it was action packed and all that good stuff, but it's also a hard hitting political thriller and some of the themes were heavy. It definitely makes you think.

Middle of the Map
04-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Saw it last weekend. Can't wait for the next installment. Chris Evans is perfect in the role, and ScarJo was a nice compliment to him. Thank goodness there was no sticky romance thing to muck up the story.

One little complaint: They could have deleted about 20 minutes of the fight scenes and not hurt the story at all.