PDA

View Full Version : Western Caribbean

susie & perla's mom
02-02-2014, 04:28 PM
I know it's too early for us to start planning our November trip, but this winter is really killing me. Any good suggestions on what to do in Key West, Grand Cayman, & Cozumel? I'm so sick of snow and so looking forward to touch my feet on any color sand...white or black!

vicster
02-02-2014, 06:46 PM
We swam with the stingrays in Grand Caymen - it was really cool. There's also the 7 mile beach.

GoldenDreams
02-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Never too early! :-)

We went snorkeling in Grand Cayman at a place called Eden's Rock. They rent snorkel and scuba equipment and have an easy entry to the water right in front of their place. You get to it by turning right out of the dock area and walking along the water's edge. It's maybe a 10-15 minute walk.

In Cozumel, we enjoyed the Museo de Cozumel. It's a small museum with an open-air restaurant overlooking the waterfront. We had been shopping all morning, so it was a nice break away from the heat.

Happy Planning!

Lindsey310
02-03-2014, 02:46 PM
We swam with the stingrays in Grand Caymen - it was really cool. There's also the 7 mile beach.

Agreed & My favorite thing to do in GC. We were there for a week in Nov 2012. Margaritaville is a cool place for lunch. Beaches are beautiful, especially 7 mile. :mickey:

5 days!!! :cloud9:

susie & perla's mom
02-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Thank you! We are considering to swim with the stingrays at the Rum Point in Grand Cayman and be more adventurous in Cozumel and thinking of booking the Dune Buggy and Beach Snorkel Combo - per our girls' request, ages 11 & 15. Oh well, we have over nine more months to change our minds. :blush:

Kenny1113
02-03-2014, 04:44 PM
I'm trying to come up with ideas for our march western Caribbean as well. I will report back anything of interest.

Kenny1113
02-03-2014, 04:51 PM
I key west-there is Mallory square with street entertainment similar to Boardwalk at WDW. My kids love the magic shop inside the toy store.

In Marathon, just north of key west the is a really neat turtle hospital. But, I don't know how feasible that is while on a cruise stop due to limited time and transportation.

Christine
02-04-2014, 03:40 PM
We did the catamaran tour in Cozumel. Snorkeling on reefs, private island time with big outdoor beds on the beach and inflatable water toys in the ocean. So much fun.

MarkC
02-04-2014, 07:00 PM
We splurged and swam with the dolphins at Cozumel. An unbelievable experience and worth every expensive penny. I would do that again in a heartbeat.

Did have some cruise mates did the ruins at Cozumel and they said it was ok but they were pretty small.

We enjoyed just walking in Key West.