PDA

View Full Version : Payment method for washing machines at AoA

eandrsmom
02-02-2014, 01:41 PM
We will be staying at AoA in March. I'm trying to avoid packing too much, and plan on doing laundry one evening. Are the machines coin operated, or can I use the new "Magic Band"? When we stayed in the FW Cabins a few years ago, I was happy that I'd brought two rolls of quarters from home. I was wondering if I should do the same again this time.

Janmac
02-03-2014, 08:11 PM
This would be an awesome thing - magic bands for laundry.

Kinda thinking that changing over all those machines is not happening any time soon. Probably best to bring the rolls of coins.

Jan

eandrsmom
02-04-2014, 10:43 AM
I called the resort, and they told me that they were coin operated. I guess I'll be hitting the bank for two rolls of quarters before we leave home. Magic bands would have been nice!

BrerGnat
02-04-2014, 11:03 AM
There are always change machines in the laundry rooms. No need to bring rolls of quarters.

Fangorn
02-04-2014, 11:47 AM
There are always change machines in the laundry rooms. No need to bring rolls of quarters.

And if the change machines aren't working (a common occurance, unfortunately) you can always stop by the front desk or gift shop and get quarters. Not particularly convenient, but better than lugging 5 pounds of quarters across country!

Steve

Fangorn
02-04-2014, 12:15 PM

And if the change machines aren't working (a common occurance, unfortunately) you can always stop by the front desk or gift shop and get quarters. Not particularly convenient, but better than lugging 5 pounds of quarters across country!

Steve

NewmanFamily6
02-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Good to know as we are for the first time staying thee in August. I figured being a new resort they would have moved past using quarters but we will go prepared.:mickey:

SueQ
02-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Do they have machines with laundry detergent?? If so, do they have Tide?? That's the only detergent my husband can use.

Janmac
02-17-2014, 02:19 PM
They do have machines with detergent and if I remember correctly there is Tide. I have also brought a small container with me, when I'm organized enough and we're driving down.

Jan