PDA

View Full Version : WDW in the Future

Middle of the Map
02-01-2014, 02:23 PM
I forsee this scenario for future WDW visitors:

You no longer have to plan anything. The System does it all for you.

You plug in your total budget for the trip, the number of guests, their gender, and whether any of them have food allergies or medical problems. You list preferred souvenirs and gifts you want to shop for. You give the System your travel dates and voila, the System goes to work planning your entire trip.

It will tell you where you will stay, which park you will visit and in what order, your dining reservations will be set, and you will get a complete schedule for each day for each park. The schedule will list the rides, meals, and leave plenty of time to shop.

Vacation? Done and done.

Quadstriker
02-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Isn't this the plot for Total Recall 2?

Middle of the Map
02-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Isn't this the plot for Total Recall 2?

Yes, it is. And that's the scary part. Science fiction is becoming fact.

1DisneyNut
02-01-2014, 03:16 PM
I foresee scheduling a vacation for WDW becoming so complicated that the average person gets frustrated with it and says forget it. WDW attendance numbers start dropping drastically and they have to restructure. It then takes a decade of promotions and discounts to change public perception and win previous customers back.

JerseyDad
02-01-2014, 04:46 PM
I foresee scheduling a vacation for WDW becoming so complicated that the average person gets frustrated with it and says forget it. WDW attendance numbers start dropping drastically and they have to restructure. It then takes a decade of promotions and discounts to change public perception and win previous customers back.

......it's not hard to imagine that ....a loyal Disney fan(atic) .... after seeing that WDW believes that perhaps something like a "shopping to rides ration" of 3:1 ....is a "good'' thing .... they might possibly just go to Universal .....or maybe DL. It seems .....at face value ...that there has been a serious disconnect between Disney 'suits' ....and their customer base.

......if the disconnect has been a result of said 'suits' only focusing on the 'bottom line' ....they may get a rude awakening when they examine their earnings reports.

....I'm aware that WDW is a business ....but when you go so far off the path that got you unprecedented success ....you are possibly killing the golden goose.

retiredfigment
02-01-2014, 07:32 PM
And it tells you your height and weight, general health and blood pressure. LOL

tiggerbuddy
02-01-2014, 09:02 PM
HA HA HA !!!
I can see this one coming...
You are 5 lbs over the rides capacity...Please visit another attraction.... HA HA HA :)

And it tells you your height and weight, general health and blood pressure. LOL

Janmac
02-01-2014, 11:28 PM
...... WDW believes that perhaps something like a "shopping to rides ratio" of 3:1 ....is a "good'' thing .....

This reminds me of a tour we did in Europe awhile back. DH and I went to see stuff - cathedrals, rivers, mountains, famous paintings, etc.

Apparently we were in the minority as more than half the folk on our tour spent most of their time in shops, dropping a LOT of money (crystal chess sets, etc.). One mother/daughter pair shopped so much I'm not sure when they ate. Or slept.

Perhaps the suits aren't that far off.

Certainly not a trend I'm happy to see.

As to having our vacation planned, we may not have to fill out much in the way of preferences as our finances, work information, medical history and shopping choices are out there any way.

And . . . for those of us not flying, our cars will drive us there without our guidance.

Jan

JerseyDad
02-01-2014, 11:43 PM
This reminds me of a tour we did in Europe awhile back. DH and I went to see stuff - cathedrals, rivers, mountains, famous paintings, etc.

Apparently we were in the minority as more than half the folk on our tour spent most of their time in shops, dropping a LOT of money (crystal chess sets, etc.). One mother/daughter pair shopped so much I'm not sure when they ate. Or slept.

Perhaps the suits aren't that far off.

Certainly not a trend I'm happy to see.

As to having our vacation planned, we may not have to fill out much in the way of preferences as our finances, work information, medical history and shopping choices are out there any way.

And . . . for those of us not flying, our cars will drive us there without our guidance.

Jan

......hmmmm? .....why is it that I was suddenly reminded of those futuristic 'cartoons' at the end of Spaceship Earth?

joonyer
02-01-2014, 11:44 PM
. . . . And . . . for those of us not flying, our cars will drive us there without our guidance.

Jan

Cars?? Flying?? I plan on teleporting there myself. :D

Mrs Bus Driver
02-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Cars?? Flying?? I plan on teleporting there myself. :D

Beam me up Scotty :mickey: