PDA

View Full Version : Family Reunion - Day 5 Studios

indytraveler
02-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Let me start by saying we haven't been to The Studios for about 7+ years. But having read your trip reports I had a pretty good plan of attack.

Again we were rope droppers at 9am. First stop Toy Story Mania for FP's and standby ride. First time on ride and I loved it. Family was laughing all the way out the door and carried it over to the street. Next up was ToT and RnRc, both standby. It was off to Toy Story Mania for our FP return time.

This is the reason we haven't done this park very often. Since we had had ridden the 3 major rides in the first hr of park opening we felt we had a long way to go. Luckily I have the WDW tel. # for ADR's in my phone. I called there to find out I could get a lunch time ADR at 50's Prime Time Café. Not bad for day of service.

We did the rest of the day seeing Beauty and the Beast stage show, Indiana Jones, Little Mermaid, did they shorten that show? Lights, motor, Action show, The Osborne Family lights. Star Tours 3x, ToT 4x total all day, RnRC 3x all day.

We made it to the end and witnessed Fantasmic for the first time. To be honest I was a little disappointed. I just happy we weren't sitting in the area where the wind was blowing, we would have been soaked with the mist. Let alone we would have froze to death too.

All in all we had a wonderful week. This was in the works for 18 mos. prior to arriving. All that buildup was to be expected but I believe WDW delivered again.

BUT, I think the changes they are trying with FP+, I'm not so sure on. We have already decided that that may have been indeed our last go 'round. However, my DD20 wants to be a CM thru the CP program so we may go again next yr. However, spending a week again is pretty much out of the question. Maybe, I will be that grandpa who takes his grand kids to WDW like my dad did for us all those yrs.

Thanks, Dad.

yjgirl32
02-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the report

faline
02-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Nice holiday week at Disney!