PDA

View Full Version : Family Reunion - Day 3 MK

indytraveler
02-01-2014, 08:49 AM
I've tried to post this day several times but my session keeps timing out so I won't be so wordy. The high notes will be hit and details will be left out. May post some side stories later but for now lets begin...

Park Hours 8am-1am. Perfect hours for the MK any day of the week. Did I mention that it was Christmas Eve too? Bring on the crowds!

We did better than our best and arrived before 8 and were allowed to enter Main St. Pretty cool, the train came rolling in as we were walking under it.

Off to Adventureland for Jungle Cruise, POTC, and Aladdin. Frontierland was next with BTMRR, and Country Bears. Small World, Haunted Mansion, Ariel, and Barnstormer followed. These were the rides we did standby. We FP for BTMRR and Peter Pan.

Lunch Time. no ADR's so all counter service.

After Lunch Mad Tea Party, Tomorrowland Speedway, Monster's Inc, TTA, Buzz, all Standby. FP's for Space Mountain and Buzz.

Winnie the Pooh, Mickey's Philharmagic, Haunted Mansion, POTC, standby.

Dinner and Parade spots. Watched Fireworks and rode Space and Buzz with FP's. Buzz standby 2x more. Space standby 1x. and Winnie the Pooh .

All in all we "lasted" until 12:45. As we were walking out I said we are leaving 15 min on the table are you sure we are ready to leave. And my most diehard family members said, "Yes".

I knew then we had a wonderful day. As you can see I utilized 6 FP's for the day. So I'm not sure if 3 FP+ will work for us. We'll have to take on that challenge next visit. This was our last time, with FP's that our schedule would have worked. We have been doing MK this way since '98 when we came back with our kids. Our longest standby wait time was 45 min. Not bad for Christmas Eve at MK.

MizMissy
02-01-2014, 11:54 AM
WOW!!! That's a very busy and impressive day.
It looks like you accomplished everything.

yjgirl32
02-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Sounds like a great day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Not bad for Christmas Eve, thanks for the report

faline
02-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Sounds like a happy and tired lot exited the park that evening!!