PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise on Universal

Euby
01-31-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm taking my niece to Disney for a HS graduation present, but we will be doing it during her Spring Break (scheduling conflicts in the summer). We will be staying off-site.

We are going to do both Universal & IOA in 1 day on a Sunday (getting there before opening). Neither of us are roller-coaster fans (although we do like BMTR in Frontierland, but nothing that loops :sick:) and she is blind in one eye :mike: (so 3D shows not really for her). With that in mind, is it worth it to get Express passes? What about the Dining Deals?

I plan on getting the park tickets through a reputable discount vendor (un-named as they are not an Intercot sponsor). Can I purchase the Express Pass and Dining Deals (if we decide to use either or both) separately or do I have to get all of the tickets (Admission, Express, and Dining Deals) through Universal?

Any other general tips would also be much appreciated! It's been over 10 years since the last time I went to Universal with a different niece & a nephew and we couldn't seem to get off of Bluto's Barges LOL. Rode it 3 times in a row :swim:

Thanks for your input!
:rocks:

NJGIRL
01-31-2014, 07:45 PM
Spring Break, on the weekend, doing both parks in one day....Yes I think you will need the Express Pass.

Euby
02-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Does Universal allow you to bring in food from outside? I forgot to ask about the possibility of bringing food into the park. While at WDW we plan on having picnic lunches, to help with cost and I would like to do the same with Universal.

DizneyFreak2002
02-01-2014, 10:17 AM
First suggestion, take 2 days, not one... But if time doesn't allow for 2, and you can only do one day, then yes, I'd get the Express Pass... Spring Break is a very busy time for the parks...

As for food, I honestly don't know... I never brought food into the any of the parks (Uni/IOA or WDW's four theme parks)...

NJGIRL
02-01-2014, 01:17 PM
They do not allow picnic lunches or coolers in the parks for other than baby food or medication. There is a size restriction.

Basically, they only allow snacks, medically needed food, and baby food.....bottled water is OK if it is in plastic.

They want you to buy their food.

Middle of the Map
02-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Spring Break plus a weekend is a recipe for HUGE crowds. I agree that you are wise to get an Express Pass. It will save you gobs of time standing in lines.

Have a great time.

Euby
02-26-2014, 04:50 AM
We decided to only go to Islands of Adventure. He main reason for wanting to go to US was the Jaws ride. :shark: Once I explained that it was closed that took care of things. So we are doing IOA with the Express Pass.

Still haven't decided if we need to make dining ressies or just wing it. Any thoughts?

DizneyFreak2002
02-26-2014, 10:01 AM
We decided to only go to Islands of Adventure. He main reason for wanting to go to US was the Jaws ride. :shark: Once I explained that it was closed that took care of things. So we are doing IOA with the Express Pass.

Still haven't decided if we need to make dining ressies or just wing it. Any thoughts?

Where do you want to eat? I'd suggest reservations for Mythos... if you are going to eat at Three Broomsticks, no reservation is needed, they don't take them anyway... if you plan on dining at CityWalk, any of the restaurants there will take reservations, and yes, recommended you do so...

NJGIRL
02-26-2014, 07:11 PM
I second making reservations. We always have them and never have to wait. I have heard walk ups having to wait most times.