PDA

View Full Version : Can wheelchair users go through standby lines?

quicksand
01-31-2014, 12:08 PM
Where can I find this info?

Strmchsr
01-31-2014, 12:56 PM
It varies from ride to ride. A good number that is possible. I don't know of an exclusive list but every ride has a Cast Member at the entrance who will direct you where to go if an alternate entrance is needed.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-31-2014, 01:13 PM
Yes, Chris is right ... the vast majority of the lines are indeed wheelchair accessible. There are a couple (Winnie the Pooh and Ellen's Energy Adventure that come to mind) where it must be a wheelchair, an ECV must be parked (but they will provide a wheelchair if needed).

The only two rides where you must be mobile to ride are Peter Pan (although you can take a wheelchair up to the loading belt) and Tomorrowland Transit Authority (wheelchair must be left at the bottom of the escalator).

steamboat willy
02-03-2014, 08:36 AM
At Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth they take you to a back entrance, STOP the doom buggies & ride vehicles, allow you to assist your wheel chair rider to board and then resume the ride. Wish I could get her on Pirates! :cool:

hoopdeedoomusicalrevue
10-25-2015, 09:49 PM
My family usually rent a wheelchair for me. I usually go into an alternative entrance but I can sometimes go into the standby line. I have autism and low muscle tone.

momof3+twins
10-26-2015, 11:16 PM
I stressed so much over this. My son needed to use a wheelchair. I'm here to tell you that you are 100% taken care of. Yes, you go thru the main line on everything. Exceptions: (although always go to the main line, they will instruct you where to go) There is a back entrance for Splash Mtn, maybe for Big Thunder also, Haunted Mansion...you will exit the stretch room last and make a right into a hallway to go thru the back entrance (exit), Jungle Cruise has different ways to ride so it depends which you choose (in chair, out of chair). The safari ride takes you to a handicap truck, Star Tours - you basically get in the fast pass line, Toy Story Mania- you go to a special area that takes forever, Spaceship Earth - you go in the back entrance and pretty much skip the line, Test Track- they take you up front so you can take as much time to get on and off. I think that's it. They do slow down the tracks if you need it. That is really nice. They treated my son so good also. They called his wheelchair a chariot.

LVT
01-15-2016, 08:37 PM
Thank you for you're informative report.