PDA

View Full Version : Disney Apps- wait times

Bruegge
01-29-2014, 10:41 AM
I use (of course) MDE.

I also have the $4.99 app:

Disney World Magic Guide: By Versa Edge
ver. 3.0.174

I'm not sure how they both calculate Wait times but as I've been planning our June Trip and it's weird that they are vastly different. By as much as 40 minutes IN JANUARY... Who knows what June will bring.

I find MDE app will be indispensable for making fastpass+ changes or day before dinner reservations, but I like the expanded menus on the Disneyworld Magic Guide app and the maps.

What do you use... is there a better option..

all input will help

Thanks

Scott

1DisneyNut
01-29-2014, 11:03 AM
The official Disney MDE app uses wait times from WDW servers. It is supposed to display the same wait times that are listed on the wait time boards in the parks and used to do so. I compare them constantly when I am there and they have been accurate for me in the past. Here lately though, people have been reporting that the app doesn't match up with the boards and neither are really accurate. Some have reported basically walking right on rides that were showing 40 minute wait times and others have reported waith 30 minutes for rides that were showing 10 minute times. I figure they have it all messed up along with everything else since the implementation of MyMagic and FP+ came along.

As for all other non-disney owned apps such as Disney World Magic Guide: By Versa Edge that you listed, they are not linked to WDW servers. They use visitor reports to list wait times. They are physically entered by visitors currently in the park. The problem with these apps is many times not enough users are there using the one app you have out of hundreds available and entering wait times so the server just uses predetermined default wait times instead. It will usually have default times such as 40 minutes for Pirates, 15 minutes for Its a small world, 45 minutes for Peter Pan, etc. I have found these apps to be fairly useless for wait time accuracy.