PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood & Vine For Dinner Buffet

SueQ
01-28-2014, 10:29 AM
How is the dinner buffet? I have never tried this place but thinking of doing the Fantasmic Dining Package.

Scar
01-28-2014, 10:57 AM
We ate there once about 10 years ago and haven't been back. Possibly the worst TS meal I've ever had at WDW. Since then, I've read several positive reviews, but mostly negative.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-28-2014, 11:38 AM
I agree! We ate there about 8 years ago, and it is the one place we've NEVER tried again.

Food was OK, service was horrible, way too loud ... just not a pleasant experience for us.

Gator
01-28-2014, 12:33 PM
I would agree with above replies, but only to a certain extent. 8-10 years ago, I didn't like it either. However, I like getting the Fantasmic! package. We tried Mama's Melrose, and although I loved it, my kids were not big fans. So we tried H&V again... and it was actually pretty good. Not great, mind you, like at Liberty Tree, Akershus, or Flame Tree. But it was as good as the food at Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's buffet, and it was better than the food at SciFi, which we did on our last trip. Don't go there looking for a 5 star experience - think of it as a Home Town Buffet that gives you great seats to Fantasmic!

DizneyRox
01-28-2014, 03:38 PM
We ate there once about 10 years ago and haven't been back. Possibly the worst TS meal I've ever had at WDW.
You're being too nice..

zipadeedoodah
01-28-2014, 03:49 PM
Agree with the PPs....the food is sub-par at best...I would pick Mama Melrose's if you want to do the Fantasmic! Package. It's hit or miss, but even when they're not at their best, its still MUCH better than Hollywood & Vine.

Lindsey310
01-28-2014, 04:30 PM
I guess sub par is the consensus here but we have friends that just came back that said it was the best buffet they ever had on property. To each their own I guess. :thumbsup:

11 days!!!! :cloud9:

Keneva
01-28-2014, 05:33 PM
We ate there in 2012 and the food was very similar to a Golden Corral type restaurant. We liked the food selection including the desserts and are going back. It was a busy place with many people and dirty dishes from the volume of trips people made for re-fills but the food was good. I don't put to much faith in dining reviews from this site unless the writer has experienced it for themselves. To many people just parrot a review they have read without having ever been there.:stir:

Sylvia
01-28-2014, 08:04 PM
I don't put to much faith in dining reviews from this site unless the writer has experienced it for themselves. To many people just parrot a review they have read without having ever been there.:stir:

:ditto:

I agree. The world would be so boring if we all liked the same thing.

PETE FROM NYC
01-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Been there 3-4 times for the Fantasmic package.
Food decent, but not great. We will probably go back this Sept.

Jen1984
01-30-2014, 11:34 AM
We last did this in August, purely for the Fantasmic Dining Package. It was fine, our server was very friendly indeed, (gave my stepson badges, offered to pin trade, and gave him a little light up car, as well as providing us with drinks to take away), and food was fine- whilst not our favourite meal by any means, there wasn't anything wrong at all- the place is quite loud though. Food wise, I'm sure they had a create-your-own -pasta station, so if all else fails, you can have that and some soft serve ice-cream! I remember there being lobster mac and cheese, a carving station with beef and another meat, as well as your standard salads, veg, chicken, peel and eat shrimp etc. Nothing too unusual or exciting.

We did get great seats for Fantasmic afterwards! It was so nice to just walk in when we were ready, and not have to sit there for hours. I think it's worth trying these places, everybody is very different and has different expectations as to what a mean should be.