August 29 - 31, 2014
:mickey3: :dumbo:

Events include:
Disneyland Half Marathon - Sunday, August 31
Disneyland 10K - Saturday, August 30
Dumbo Double Dare - Saturday, August 30 and Sunday,August 31
Family Fun Run 5K - Friday, August 29
Kids Races - Saturday, August 30

Registration opens TODAY, January 28 at 12 noon EST!!!

Event Costs:
Disneyland Half Marathon
$195 by February 18, 2014
$210 between February 19 and March 11, 2014
$225 on or after March 12, 2014

Disneyland 10K
$105 by February 18, 2014
$120 between February 19 and March 11, 2014
$135 on or after March 12, 2014

Dumbo Double Dare
$320 by February 18, 2014
$345 between February 19 and March 11, 2014
$370 on or after March 12, 2014

DisneylandŽ Family Fun Run 5K
$70 by June 24, 2014
$80 on or after June 25, 2014

runDisney Kids Races
$20 by June 24, 2014
$25 on or after June 25, 2014

Official Page here (http://www.rundisney.com/disneyland-half-marathon/)

Melanie
01-28-2014, 09:19 AM
So who is signing up this year? We had such a great time this past year, but already have plans for Labor Day weekend this year. :football: Looking to return for this one in 2015. It's a great weekend, although a little different doing runDisney on the west coast. ;)

Good luck to all those looking to sign up! Get it done TODAY. I have no doubt it will sell out quickly!

Patricia
01-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Wow, prices have doubled in the last few years!

I did the Disneyland Half in 2008 and it used to take months to sell out.The last couple of years it has really caught on in popularity as the run to do and can be sold out in a day. I know the AP holders were able to sign up a week ago.

I'm glad they have the 10K runs now to open up more spots. :thumbsup:

Melanie
01-28-2014, 10:47 AM
The 10Ks are definitely what made these weekends more popular!

I was noticing the prices as I was putting this post together this morning. Most races have gone up $20 from last year. It's a little disappointing, but folks will continue to pay it.

disneygoofball
01-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Sitting at my computer waiting for registration to open. It's going to be my only other race this year (because of price), but I'm going for my coast to coast, so I'm in. :mickey:

cer
01-28-2014, 12:26 PM
We're in!!! Dumbo Double Dare! :dumbo: YAY!

Bringing the kiddos and they are doing the 10K with us!

Good luck everyone with registration!

So excited, first time to Disneyland since I was 11!

ACK!

disneygoofball
01-28-2014, 12:30 PM

ACK!

Congrats!! I'm in for the half. Really wanted to do Dumbo, but had to make the responsible financial decision and just do the half this year. Grrrrr! Anyway, we should meet up when you're out here! :mickey:

Melanie
01-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Sitting at my computer waiting for registration to open. It's going to be my only other race this year (because of price), but I'm going for my coast to coast, so I'm in. :mickey:

ACK!

Congratulations Beth and Carrie! You're going to have a blast!

tinkwest
01-28-2014, 12:57 PM
FYI . . . 10k & Dumbo Double Dare - sold out.

Christine
01-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Whew! I'm In the 10K!! I will be out there working race weekend again, and they're so nice to allow me to sneak off & run!!

Yay!!!! I smell a runICOT meet up!!

Melanie
01-28-2014, 01:08 PM
FYI . . . 10k & Dumbo Double Dare - sold out.

Amazing!

disneygoofball
01-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Half marathon is currently at 65%

badkitty
01-28-2014, 04:56 PM
Whew! I'm In the 10K!! I will be out there working race weekend again, and they're so nice to allow me to sneak off & run!!

Yay!!!! I smell a runICOT meet up!!

HA! Christine, we switched races this time. I'm in for the 5K! One race closer to completing all events at least once. That Marathon is still looming in the distance... :secret: We definitely need a meet up!!

Christine
01-28-2014, 05:12 PM
HA! Christine, we switched races this time. I'm in for the 5K! One race closer to completing all events at least once. That Marathon is still looming in the distance... :secret: We definitely need a meet up!!

You're reading my mind! I'm on the same quest-after this I will lack Tink 1/2 & 10, and the full--and it is calling my name! Let's do it girl!! We can be deliriously exhausted together & drag one another over the finish line at 26.2!

Patricia
01-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Disneyland 1/2 is at 99% sold tonight.

I was soooo tempted. :mickey:

I may be up for cheering if I can get away! Maybe 2015 10K will be my goal..

Melanie
01-29-2014, 08:40 AM
The website is showing the Half is still at 99%, but folks are reporting on Twitter that they can't register and that it's indeed sold out.

Craziness! Less than 24 hours, and everything but the 5K is full, even the Kids Races! Wow.

cer
06-11-2014, 01:00 PM
OK - 78 days for us until we are in Disneyland for runDisney! (we arrive on Thursday)

How's is everyone doing? Are you following a training plan?

I would love to meet up while we are there!

Nervous about DisneyLAND - never have been in my adult life and I am afraid I will be missing "THE WORLD"...

Thinking about you all...happy training!

Lacy
07-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Carrie - I'm wishing I were doing the DL half this year but did Tink and will do Avengers this fall. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time and I hope you really enjoy the charm of Disneyland!!! Hoping you don't miss the World too much and have a fantastic runDisney experience West Coast style!

And let us know if you have any specific questions about how a California experience will compare or about the parks, etc.

Christine
07-03-2014, 11:26 PM
OK - 78 days for us until we are in Disneyland for runDisney! (we arrive on Thursday)

How's is everyone doing? Are you following a training plan?

I would love to meet up while we are there!

Nervous about DisneyLAND - never have been in my adult life and I am afraid I will be missing "THE WORLD"...

Thinking about you all...happy training!

You're gonna love disneyland!!! It's i,possibly not to!
I wish I couid meet up but I'm working expo each day then triage for med tent - I get little time in the parks sadly

badkitty
07-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Christine, I'll look for you at the expo! So excited for the weekend.

cer, I'll be by myself this trip so would love to have a meet up.

cer
07-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Carrie - I'm wishing I were doing the DL half this year but did Tink and will do Avengers this fall. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time and I hope you really enjoy the charm of Disneyland!!! Hoping you don't miss the World too much and have a fantastic runDisney experience West Coast style!

And let us know if you have any specific questions about how a California experience will compare or about the parks, etc.

I have just started researching Disneyland parks. Bought the "unofficial guide" !!! What I need to know are things like...

Dining - What is the 'classic' table service for DL Parks - Not necessarily a character meal...I have heard Blue Bayou, but I was just wondering what other people think...

I know I need a fast pass to see World of Color, but do I really need a dining package?

We want a good experience, but we are not looking to break the bank or spend a whole lot of time dining. I am thinking more along the lines of more counter service type places, but again, which are recommended?

Would appreciate info on favorite and unique snacking options as well.

Any other recommendations on what not to miss, or 'make sure you do this first' would be appreciated.

cer
07-17-2014, 12:24 PM
You're gonna love disneyland!!! It's i,possibly not to!
I wish I couid meet up but I'm working expo each day then triage for med tent - I get little time in the parks sadly

Christine, is it ok to stop to say hi to you at the expo or will you be working behind the scenes? Would hate to miss the opportunity - I'm thinking our next trip to WDW won't be til 2016 (ugh!)

cer
07-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Christine, I'll look for you at the expo! So excited for the weekend.

cer, I'll be by myself this trip so would love to have a meet up.

Yes, let's meet up! I don't know how any of this works, but it sounds fun!

Anyone else going to come out for the DL Half Marathon Weekend?

Christine
07-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Christine, is it ok to stop to say hi to you at the expo or will you be working behind the scenes? Would hate to miss the opportunity - I'm thinking our next trip to WDW won't be til 2016 (ugh!)

I'll be at the expo- Florida hospital booth. I'd love to see y'all!!!

Then Sunday I'll be it the medical tent. I don't want to see ANY of you there!!!!! ;)

Christine
08-03-2014, 10:06 PM
I wanted to let y'all know that I will NOT be working at the Disneyland 1/2 marathon weekend after all. My father died last week and his memorial is scheduled for Labor Day weekend. Just wanted to let ya know so you didn't waste time looking for me at the expo.

See you in November. Have a great time!

cer
08-03-2014, 11:13 PM
I wanted to let y'all know that I will NOT be working at the Disneyland 1/2 marathon weekend after all. My father died last week and his memorial is scheduled for Labor Day weekend. Just wanted to let ya know so you didn't waste time looking for me at the expo.

See you in November. Have a great time!

So very sorry for your loss. :(

Please know you will be missed.

badkitty
08-04-2014, 01:33 AM
So sorry, Christine, to hear about your loss. Take care.

cer
08-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Leaving tomorrow for this event! :mickey:

Lacy
08-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Best of luck and wishing everyone who is running this weekend a lot of fun!!!

Disneyland Half is a great race!!!!:mickey:

Greenlawler
10-20-2014, 10:26 AM
I have just started researching Disneyland parks. Bought the "unofficial guide" !!! What I need to know are things like...

Dining - What is the 'classic' table service for DL Parks - Not necessarily a character meal...I have heard Blue Bayou, but I was just wondering what other people think...

I know I need a fast pass to see World of Color, but do I really need a dining package?

We want a good experience, but we are not looking to break the bank or spend a whole lot of time dining. I am thinking more along the lines of more counter service type places, but again, which are recommended?

Would appreciate info on favorite and unique snacking options as well.

Any other recommendations on what not to miss, or 'make sure you do this first' would be appreciated.

Sorry if this is too late DW and I have run the Dumbo for the past two years and I will be at Avengers. We are regular runDisney people, and go to DL often.

As far as your questions...

Blue Bayou for sure, it's about the only "classic" one there, to me. But it is pricey our meal was 90$ for two of us. Also you will need a reservation, especially if you are planning on going race day.

No need for World of Color Fast Pass.

Lots of easy counter service dinning at Disneyland, make sure you take in a show at the original Golden Horseshoe saloon.

In honestly would just make sure you took a slow stroll around the park, and I would not do too much research. One of the coolest things about DL for DW folks, is just experiencing the differences. Even the subtle ones. Pirates, Splash, Small World, etc they are different.

Im a nostalgia guys so just give me a day in the original Fantasyland and I would be fine. Walk through the Sleeping Beauty deal at the castle, look for random animatronics. There is a lot more attention to detail out there IMO.

I am excited for you!

EDIT....I thought this was an Avenrgers Race thread, just realized you were talking DL half...oops! So how was your run? We had a good race, not many characters out though.