PDA

View Full Version : Family Reunion Day 2 - Monday

indytraveler
01-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Sorry for the delay between posts... Something called the flu bug has hit the household and has taken prisoners... Anyhow I'm back for Day 2 recap.

Well since we did a Sunday to Friday vacation, Our park days were every other day. Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. Days off Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Since we got back late the previous night, day 2 starts with sleeping in late and just hanging out. This gives me the perfect time to let everyone know where we stayed. We booked a house thru All-Star Vacation Homes, an Intercot sponsor. A fabulous home that slept all 14 of us easily. So after a morning of lounging at the backyard pool and hot tub. With some time mixed in playing video games and watching some tv on the theater screen, we headed off to Downtown Disney.

It has been a few years since I've been to DD but I wasn't ready for the shock. By the way it was Dec. 23rd and several other people had the same idea. Can't wait until the parking garage is finished. Then the next expansion project can start. I found something new, that there is a parking lot on the other side of the West Side Dock. That's areas O, P and Q for those keeping record at home.

After an afternoon of looking around I found a few things to buy. Which wasn't too bad I stayed under budget. Oh wait I didn't have a budget so I got what I wanted. Dinner came next and off to more walking around and taking pictures and enjoying the atmosphere.

The next thing we did was something I had only heard about. We headed over to Fantasia Gardens for some miniature golf. For the rookies, there are two courses. One that is kind of like a normal Miniature Golf course with obstacles to putt around. The other is set up like a real golf course with bunkers, fairways and greens.

My immediate family are all golfers, so we decided on an "Open" style tournament. Nothing like a little competition to liven things up with family members. I forgot to mention that out of the trunk these "golfers" brought out their PUTTERS!

I was totally fascinated with the course setup and surroundings I didn't care too much about my score. Since we decided to start around 9pm we were serenaded by both Fantasmic and Illuminations. What a wonderful way to end the day.

For those keeping score at home, I finished 2nd with a rent-a-putter. Off to bed we have the Magic Kingdom in the morning.

faline
01-28-2014, 09:30 AM
What a nice relaxed day!! Fun for all with no pressure exept for who got the best golf score!!

Katzateer
01-28-2014, 09:50 AM
sounds like a good day! I love those homes- we used to stay in them and they are very nice with the pools and game rooms. Plenty of room to spread out!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Played miniature golf on my first trip as it was a free perk with our package, haven't been back since. Thanks for the report