PDA

View Full Version : BCV or BW

tink'72
01-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Our home resort is AKL-Kidani Village which we absolutely LOVE but we are going in October for the Food and Wine Festival and want to either stay at the Beach Club or Boardwalk. There will be 4 adults so we are going to get a 2 bedroom suite but after reading a ton of reviews i'm so confused at where to stay. Both locations seem to be perfect but reviews for both resorts are iffy.

I would really appreciate some intercot feedback on which you guys and prefer and why?

Thank you!

faline
01-27-2014, 06:10 PM
Don't be disappointed if you can't get into either - especially in the midst of the food and wine festival. Have a backup location prepared.

I've stayed in both. The rooms are typically the same in style - different in decor. The Beach Club, of course, has the wonderful pool. I think the DVC is a bit closer to Epcot if you're walking.

The Boardwalk pool is okay but nothing at all like the one at the Beach Club. We actually like the pool bar at the Beach Club better than Boardwalk as well. What we especially enjoyed at Boardwalk was the ability to see Illuminations from our balcony (We had a Boardwalk view). We also liked the sandwiches easily available.

Of the two, I'd probably pick Beach Club over the Boardwalk.

tink'72
01-28-2014, 11:10 AM
I did book a 2 bedroom at AKL as a back up. That is not best case scenario because we did want to be in walking distance to Epcot.

Thanks for the input. I think i'm leaning towards Beach Club.

Yo Mickey!
05-04-2014, 08:10 PM
yeah...i book my bwv rooms for f & w 11 mos out...so i would be surprised if you find one now. with that being said, we stay at both places throughout the year and i love them both for different reasons. if you can get a boardwalk view room...nothing at beach club villas can compare. however, the pool and beach is amazing a beach. if we are taking the kids...beach club. if we are taking just adults...boardwalk. we love the energy of the boardwalk, especially at night.

if you get into either place -- take it. both are excellent.

TinkerbellT421
05-05-2014, 10:00 AM
You will enjoy either. I personally feel more at home at the Boardwalk, and prefer the Boardwalk over the Beach Club. But that is all on personal experience....you will highly enjoy either one.

Have an ongoing list of your options, ie: what views you prefer over others, etc. You will have a tough time getting into either at that time of the year during the Food and Wine festival, very popular locations for a lot of reason, one main being the walking distance to Epcot. Which ever one is the first one available (if available) for you during that time, TAKE IT. You will be very happy, like I said, at either one. Each has their own give and takes about each other, but in my opinion, either one is the best one to be "stuck" at if needed ;)

Aurora
05-05-2014, 10:30 AM
I noticed your original post was in January and we're now past the 7-month mark. Just curious as to whether you were able to get what you wanted. :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
05-05-2014, 12:36 PM
We love BW. We get the plain view, so it's cheaper than the BCV. From BW we can walk to DHS. It depends on your group if you want to do that. Really, you can't go wrong with either. The pool is the main benefit of BCV, although the BW pool is fun too.