PDA

View Full Version : Latest Cruise

GreenBeetle
01-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Not sure if anyone else has brought this up before, but I wanted to mention a little pet peeve of mine from our most recent cruise.

I'm well aware Disney is in the business to make money, but within the first half hour of boarding the Fantasy, we were approached 8 times :jaw: to purchase the beer/water package! That seemed very pushy and un-Disney-like to me.

But no worries. This girl will never turn her back on The Big Cheese!! :mickey2:

BrerGnat
01-27-2014, 06:42 PM
That is annoying but EXTREMELY common in the cruise industry. Other lines harass you EVERY day. Seems DCL only really pushes it on the first day. We found the DCL crew to be very friendly and would move on with a smile once we said "No, thank you." You can't get mad at them, they are forced to do that. They probably hate it too. I will say, the beer mug is a great deal though! We did purchase that one.

GreenBeetle
01-27-2014, 11:44 PM
Absolutely agree. Although annoying, it is their job. And I have never had an encounter with a DCL crew member that wasn't pleasant. It would be great if they could somehow keep track of the guests they've already approached though. :)