PDA

View Full Version : DW Birthday Trip To "Our Laughing Place" Jan 12 Day 7

mickclub1955
01-27-2014, 11:36 AM
We get up and it is a sad day. I take all of the luggage down to the car and make sure the room is empty. I take some time to take pictures around the 50's building courtyard. Can't believe that it is time to leave. We have one more breakfast scheduled so we get in the car and head to Boma's. I have to turn around at Osceola pkwy because of the marathon. Traffic is terrible. We inch back to Buena Vista Drive. Then we inch to Osceola drive the other way. We finally make it there and all we see are marathon runners. DW takes pictures because it is an amazing sight. It takes a little less than an hour, but we finally make it to AKL from PoP. We make our way down to Boma and when we get to the table guess who is our waitress. It is Theresa. It is like a family reunion. This is the icing on the cake for our trip. (I know that she doesn't remember us, but you wouldn't know it from watching us). Breakfast is great and we enjoy the conversation with the nice older couple next to us. After Breakfast, we head to the resort store and then it is out to see the animals one last time. This is our favorite resort. We head back to the car and make our way to get gas. We leave the gas station on Buena Vista at 1:10pm. We make the long drive and pull into our driveway at 7:30 central time, so now it took almost 8 1/2 hour drive not stopping to eat anywhere. We also lost an hour. Can't believe it is over. DW had a great Birthday.

Final Thoughts.

We didn't have any issues with MM+. Only one issue with fp+ and that was at Epcot because most of the fp attractions don't need fp.
This worked well for us, but do see issues if I was going to meet friends in the area and wanted to coordinate everything. Resort guests would have to wait day of to make fp ressies and then hope they could still coordinate everything. This is not user friendly when it comes to this. We didn't like the tiering or the limit but nothing we can do about that.
This reminded us of our cruise where we prebooked our excursions because we thought they would not be available day of.

I have mixed feelings about all of the pre-planning, and am happy that you can make changes on the fly. You just can't get disappointed if you have to change and not get what you want. Gotta' learn to roll with the punches.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Is that 8 1/2 hours figuring in the time change? Wow, why does it always take us 11 to 11 1/2 hours? We do stop and eat lunch and take restroom breaks but still we're only about 30 minutes from you:confused:

mickclub1955
01-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Even with the time change it was 8 1/2. Left at 1:10 et and got home about 8:30 central time. That would have been about 9:30 et. We only stopped a couple of times for restroom breaks and really drove straight through. We live on right off Hwy 90 and it isn't too far from I-10 we don't have any back roads. We usually break the drive up on the way there because of work and just drive straight home on the way back. We usually stop also for a meal but we were still full from Boma Breakfast when we left. I hate the drive and DW has to try and keep me awake. The bad thing about that is that I tend to get sleepy on the Toll road out of Orlando.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-27-2014, 05:13 PM
Yeah well I tend to drive speed limit or maybe 5miles over or as a coworker says, I granny it up the road:D The past trip I did all the driving we usually stop every 2 1/2 to 3 hours for potty breaks and stop and eat lunch, maybe a 30 minute break. It took us exactly 11 hours last time to get to WL.

faline
01-28-2014, 09:23 AM
What a terrific birthday celebration your wife had! Thanks for sharing it with us!

mickclub1955
01-28-2014, 10:07 AM
You are most welcome. I did notice and error in my post. We got home at about 8:30 central time not 7:30. I didn't drive that fast. I was a memorable trip and DW did really enjoy her birthday. :party: