01-26-2014, 03:21 PM
The Who:
DH (me)
DS (14)

The When:
1/17 - 1/20

The Where:
WL

A quick trip down - my shortest of all trips to date - with my older DS. DW and younger DS left a few day earlier (and stayed an extra day), DW hooking up with her sis and family. Her sister's daughter was in a big soccer tournament. I was limited by work and my DS by school finals thus the short visit to the World.

Here's ye ol' summary of my portion of the trip:

WEATHER - Oooh - it was a chilllly trip to say the least. Actually, day temps on Sun. and Mon. were nice (around 70) but the week-end and the night/early morning temps were rough, down in the low 40's to the mid 50's daytime. It was a dry trip though which is always a good thing IMO. And Jersey temps have been downright arctic so can't complain really.

CROWDS - Well, never did MLK holiday before and it was pretty packed in the parks. Best crowd day was Sat. morning at AK. A couple trips on EE, no wait to jump on Safari - second trip now where the animals were out in force and got a great pic of the lion up on his rock perch - Dinosaur, Primieval Whirl, Tri Spin and out by lunchtime. Afternoon we hit up MK and woo-hoo....that's where everybody was!! We had FP's for SM, Buzz and BTMRR - I didn't do SM and walked the park with older DS to see what we could jump on - WOW - every stand-by line was minimum 40 min. and most longer. We actually walked Swiss Family and that was it!

Sunday we wanted to make rope drop as our FP's for the day (yes, the new FP process will be discussed in a moment) were for afternoon at Epcot. Most were going for the ToT/R&RC combo while DS and I were going to hit up TSM. Sooo....by time we made it to the park (a wee bit late) the wait for TSM said 75 min. - I would not be denied! So on line we went. 2 HOURS later we finally reached the front. The ride of course was fun. Afternoon we hit up SE, Nemo and Soarin' and without a FP 3 of us waited an hour or so to ride TT - my DS was itching to design a car again (211 score at the end-pretty good I think). Rode Living with the Land and done.

Departure day Monday was good. My DW's sister had a problem on one of the rides and after "discussing" her concerns with a CM we had 8 FP's in hand! Anyway, good ride total with Buzz, Speedway, HM, PoTC(2), BTMRR(2) and Stitch. Was crowded but manageable, but would definitely not look to head back down during MLK week-end again. No CM problems at any of the parks.

DINING - Only there for 2 nights but both dinner eats were good. Sat. we hit up Kona - tasty as always and that chocolate lava dessert thingy is da bomb! And anytime the family gets to stop in at the POLY we are happy-happy! :thumbsup: Sun. we did Chef Mickey's which we haven't done in several trips. Buffet was super - crab claws and ribs were a highlight - and can't beat Mickey and the gang roaming the tables. And as my DS and I were leaving MK Monday to start the journey home - oh yes, stopped to grab a Turkey leg....Mmmmmm!! Also made sure I grabbed some honey chicken at Yak-n-Yeti in AK and picked up some hot sauce I saw last trip but didn't get in the Mexico pavilion. But alas, no Backscratcher at the Tambu lounge in POLY-perfect excuse for a future excursion!

RESORT - WL baby! Have not stayed there in awhile but with our family it's a toss-up between here and POLY. Cool temps kept us out of the pool and off the water as well (speedboats) but the rooms were clean, hospitality top-notch, and I had a re-fillable mug waiting for me when I arrived....not bad. Missed Whispering Canyon but again, another trip perhaps. My DW's parents ate at Artist Point on night and said it was really good.

Overall a good trip as any visit to the mouse usually is - next trip will be a longer stay though and hopefully with some warmer temps! Until next time.... :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Wow! Sounds like quite the crowds! You have patience ... 120 minutes for TSM, I would have given up. Glad you got to ride it though. :)

faline
01-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Yes - I'm not sure I would have stayed on line for 2 hours for any ride. Glad you still had a good, but short, trip!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-27-2014, 08:39 AM
Sounds nice, I wouldn't have waited 2 hours for TSM but glad you got to ride it.

RavsRuleDisney!
01-27-2014, 11:27 AM
u r all correct, 2 hours for a ride is a bit much - I think the 4 of us waited on Splash for an ongodly amount of time several trips back - the sign out front did say 75 so I'm not sure what happened once we got on line. Seeing as it was only a 3 day trip and TSM was really the only attraction I really wanted to get on at HS I bit the bullet. And put in a 150k score so it was kind of worth the wait.... :mickey:

vizsla
01-29-2014, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the report.

emerzmom
01-29-2014, 11:12 AM
It sounds like you packed a lot into your quick trip! Thank you for the trip report.
:tink:
Julie