PDA

View Full Version : Cab Ride--Might Be Worth It...

mickeys_princess_mom
01-23-2014, 10:46 PM
Can anyone tell me what it would cost to take a cab from Epcot to the Poly and then return after dinner? Are there options--whom do you recommend? I reaaallly want to come back for Illuminations and EMH, and with the monorail service a bit disrupted, I was thinking this might be the simplest way....I know I can do other things, but, if it starts getting to be a long wait or too complicated, DH may want to bail. I'm determined. ;)

Main Street Jim
01-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Why not just Monorail to TTC from EPCOT, then walk right next door to the Poly?

VWL Mom
01-24-2014, 06:28 AM
From Epcot to Poly and back you're looking at a cab fare in the area of $35-$40 round trip.

SBETigg
01-24-2014, 10:26 AM
It's between $14 to $20 each way not including tip. If you're going from resort to resort, bell services usually has several cabs standing by. From park to resort, I think there are usually cabs in the bus area but it might be a wait for one to pull up. I've never taken one from the park, always from a resort, but when I've taken one to a park, they drop us at the bus area.

I would probably just exit Epcot through International Gateway and get a cab at the Beach Club to the Poly. If you're looking for a cheaper way, you can always head from Beach Club to Downtown Disney and get on the Poly resort bus from there, then just take the cab one way, back to Epcot.

Alpha Jeanie
01-24-2014, 02:31 PM
You can call yellow cab in Orlando before your trip and ask them what the fare would be for the pick up and drop off points you have in mind. I have used yellow cab several times during past trips to get kids who weren't feeling well back to the hotel or make it to adr's if we are running late. It's a life saver when you need it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-24-2014, 06:31 PM
Although you could cab it, the walk from the TTC to and from the Poly is quite lovely, and not too long at all.

I'd save some $$, and take the monorail to the Poly, and if you're running late then you can grab a cab back to the park.

faline
01-24-2014, 06:55 PM
You might try looking up the Orlando taxi fare finder site to estimate your costs.

mickeys_princess_mom
01-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks, all! Didn't know it would run quite that much. Will use one of those options, likely. We have walked from TTC to Poly in the hot summer, and it seemed longer that we expected, but our room may have been a farther hike than just getting to the lobby. Hoping it won't be crazy cold in the evening. Plus DH's back bothers him some, so we'll just have to see. Appreciate the information, folks! :wave: