PDA

View Full Version : Weekend with our Moms

MarkC
01-23-2014, 12:05 PM
We just returned from a long weekend at WDW. My DW and I took our Moms, who are both 77. Mine had been there twice before but not for 12 years. DW's had never been and someone told her it was like Six Flags. Ha.

Anyway, we had a great time. Mother in law immediately found it was not like anyplace else. She was amazed by Epcot and the World Showcase. They didn't ride the thrill rides (though I did separately) but did do Dinosaur, Mission Space mild, Star Tours and those type and loved them all. Glad we took them.

Saw all three fireworks shows and Illuminations was their favorite by a close vote over Wishes. Biergarten won a close nod over Yak n Yeti but both were awesome. Also getting rave reviews were the carmel apples in Germany and the pastries at Norway.

Crowds were very heavy but we had our fast passes set up in advance. DW and I had annual passes and the Moms 4 day park hoppers and we all used Magic Bands. Except for a couple of minor issues getting in the parks (and cast members helped us out) the Magic Bands were just great for us. They did everything and worked very well. I was pleasantly surprised.

A couple of other comments. Lots of Brazilian tour groups but absolutely no issues with them or anything else. Even most of the little kids were great, save for a couple of parents who need some help in the patience area.

Overall, a great trip for the Moms and a special treat for us to take them. They both did very well walking. A couple of times DW's Mom had some knee pain and walked slow, but overall they did great for their age.

mickclub1955
01-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Glad to hear that y'all had a wonderful time. There is nothing like going to the "World" with someone who has never been before. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
01-23-2014, 01:14 PM
What a great mini-trip, Mark - thanks for posting! I am glad that the FP+ didn't mess with your schedule, and that both DM's got along good in the endurance department. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Sounds great, would love to take someone for their first visit

faline
01-23-2014, 06:03 PM
What wonderful memories you created! Be sure to treasure them!!!

emerzmom
01-29-2014, 11:14 AM
I took my mom last March. She loved it! It was really a special trip. Thanks for sharing your trip.
:tink:
Julie

Aurora
02-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Glad you had such a great trip! My brother got there on the 21st and had the same experience as you did regarding the crowds and Brazilian tour groups. He went the same week two years ago, and it was quite a bit more crowded this time than the last, he said.

Kudos for the moms' stamina! My sister-in-law estimated they averaged walking 12 miles a day!