PDA

View Full Version : DW Birthday Trip To "Our Laughing Place" Jan 10 Day 5

mickclub1955
01-23-2014, 11:53 AM
We get up early and I can barely make it out of bed. Stiff back, stiff legs, stiff everything. I wonder how all of these marathon runners are doing it. Running and doing the parks. Note to self. Buy a knee wrap when you get home for next trip. We get ready and catch the bus to Epcot. It is really early and the bus gets there earlier than we thought it would. The new 10k marathon is today, but it doesn't seem to be a affecting the traffic. Outside of the park we get our name checked off of the list because we have our Undiscovered Future World Tour. They let us in the gate but we need to stay right. Ugh Guest relations is left. We walk over and someone else tells us that we need to go the other way. We explain where we have to go and that we will wait. Glad we did. We got to cheer the last person running in the marathon and talk to the volunteer who was stationed there under Spaceship Earth. He even took our picture. A lady from Guest Relations came out and told us it would be 20 mins before our tour so we decide to walk and take pictures and video in the innoventions courtyard without anyone else there. It is such a peaceful time. All of the torches are lit in the lagoon also. We walk all the way to the lagoon and I chat with a castmember who is working on the flower beds. I thank her for keeping everything beautiful. I can tell she is taking pride in her work. We head back over to Guest Relations and our tour begins. I am not going to go into the tour only to say that not only did we get to do Soarin' we also got to do TT. I know that this isn't normal or a given on any tour, it was just what we did and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I also found out that the bad spot on Spaceship Earth is because they think it got struck by lightning. She says someone needs to get up there and clean it up. After our tour we head over to our lunch reservation at Via Napoli. We ordered a half and half pizza and it was wonderful. There is drama with some of the waitress and one is ours. Evidently one waitress locked our waitress out of the system. I thought there was going to be a cat fight. It took a while but we finally got to pay. After lunch we head to Gary's Column and meet some of you. It was great meeting Melanie, Carol, Christine, Justin and so many more that I can't name all of you. It is great putting a face with the names. We have a great group of people on here and I am glad to be a part of it. After we leave the column we head to our first fp+ ressie at Livin' with the Land. We get there when the time is about up for fp. There is no line. should we use the fp or change. I check on the I-pod and it tells me nothing is available. Someone tells me to go to a kiosk for help and not waste the fp. We get on the ride and then head to a kiosk. The castmember can't find anything and then remembers something. He wants to change my last choice and I get scared. The choices that come up really don't need fp so I decline and just chalk it up to wasting a fp. That is the chance you take choosing 60+ days in advance on a tiered system. We walk over to our next fp at TT and this time we don't use the back entrance and get to experience the car building. All I can say is big mess here. Everyone is talking, no one is paying attention to the monitors that explain what to do. Castmembers are hollering about staying on your number in groups. Okay picture this, noisy group, no one paying attention and Brazillian tour group. Recipe for disaster. I go to our monitor to build our car but foreign man stops there first and pays no attention to me. Not good. Luckily there is a monitor in the back and I get to design a car. I am ticked, but get over it quick. I don't like this new set up. We do TT and my car actually does good. We then head to our fp at MS. No problems here. Wait time isn't that long but we do jump in front of the little line that is there. We always choose the orange side. Full Effect Baby!!!!! We do Spaceship Earth again and do pick another experience at the end. We laugh and laugh. This is hilarious and we love Spaceship Earth. We then head to WS and go into the Mexico pavilion. We do the boat ride and look around in the shops. Then its off to Norway. The line here is longer, but we talk to this young dad with two Cinderellas twirling him around in line. Where does all the energy come from? We find out he lives near where we do so we talk. Line moves fast and after Maelstrom we head to Germany and order at the CS. Now we can't find a seat. A nice couple allows us to sit with them. We talk and talk. Didn't know it but DW wants to go. We finally leave and it is almost time for ROE. We get a german cookie in the sweet place and head to our reserved seating in Italy because of the tour we took. Front row viewing. It was wonderful. After ROE people move out fast. I embrace DW and she dances with me in the street in Italy. I jokingly thank her for bringing me to WDW for her birthday. We slowly walk our way back to the front of the park and we do walk through the mad house that is named MouseGears. We are both exhausted and it is close to 10 so we head out to the bus stop. Pop is all the way on the end. The bus comes and there is about 8 people on our bus heading back to the resort. This is the way to travel. I am so thankful we missed the bus rush. It has been a long day. Getting there at 8 and leaving at 10. This is our last day in the parks but tomorrow we have something very exciting in store. We find out we can't sleep in too much because the half marathon is tomorrow and we are told roads will be crazy so we need to be early.

yjgirl32
01-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Sounds like a long but great day:)

faline
01-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Very long but delightful day!!