PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West or Saratoga Springs

tinkmommy
01-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Hi All

My family is thinking of staying at either Saratoga Springs or Old Key West. We would be five adults and one child. Normally we get 2 rooms at one of the Deluxe hotels, but to save some money we were thinking of a 2 bedroom villa at either OKW or SS. What do you think is better? One side note…we love a well themed pool.

Thank you for your input.

faline
01-22-2014, 07:18 PM
We've stayed at both but never managed to use the pool at either!!

I've stayed in a one bedroom at Saratoga and a 2 bedroom at Old Key West. I would probably select Old Key West over Saratoga. The two bedroom villas there are huge so you have more space to spread out particularly for so many adults. Also the Old Key West villas has a full size dining table on their patios which expands your dining options as well.

Pastcastmemberdaughter
01-23-2014, 11:47 AM
We just got back from staying at OKW this past weekend and we loved it! Room was clean and very spacious. The theming was wonderful and the main restaurant was very good. We enjoyed our dinner there very much. Our room was located on the first floor, right across the street from our bus stop which was nice.

Our biggest "complaint" about the resort was the bus routes around the resort. It felt like it took forever to get through every stop because the buses, after almost every stop, they had to make a turn around to back track back to the main road. Usually the turn around was through a parking area and/or a traffic circle (usually at parking area though). There's not one continuous loop around the resort like I'm used to with Moderate Resorts. The constant back tracking through parking areas just seemed to take forever to get through.

Can't speak for SS because I've never stayed but my parents have and they seem to have enjoyed their stay each time.

disneynarula
01-25-2014, 04:09 AM
We loved SSR. The room was nice and not overly themed like some of the other resorts.
Our kids loved the pool. Our kids were really little at the time and enjoyed the zero entry aspect of the pool as well as the little water slide.

If the child is smaller and a non-swimmer it is really nice because you don't have to carry them around the pool if they want to get in.

Otherwise, I think the rooms are nicer at OKW and I love Olivia's Cafe. The pool is nice too but the kids have to be better swimmers to use it. There isn't a food court there so if you depend on the food court for breakfast it isn't an option. We always eat breakfast in the room so it doesn't matter to us.

Lindsey310
01-25-2014, 10:45 PM
We like them both and have stayed at both but we prefer OKW.

Pool: clear winner is Saratoga. While OKW has a great themed pool, their aren't many seats and gets crowded quickly.

Restaurants: quick service winner is Saratoga but table service winner is OKW.

Rooms: clear winner is OKW. Bigger, more spacious rooms and they did a great job with the refurb.

Bus service: equally good. Both have boat service to downtown disney.

Overall winner for me is OKW. Let us know what you choose! Good luck :thumbsup:

14 days!!!! :joy: