PDA

View Full Version : Moderate resort

nfrustaci
01-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Coronado Springs resort yes or no ? tell me what you love or hate please. thanks

mickclub1955
01-22-2014, 05:00 PM
First I will say that I have never stayed at this resort, but I have visited it and looked around. This resort is what they would call a business resort, or it used to be, someone may correct me on this. There is a convention center here as well. They automatically charge you a 10% gratuity just for eating in the Pepper Market and it is a food court.:confused: The resort is also very spread out. For these reasons I do not stay here. Hopefully, someone who has will come along and have a different opinion.

Strmchsr
01-22-2014, 05:15 PM
I stayed at CS and really enjoyed it. Yes, it's spread out, but the themeing is beautiful and the pool is awesome. Also, the Pepper Market is WAY more than a food court. It's some really good eating. We ate there every night and loved it. I like most all of the moderate resorts, but CS gives POFQ a run as our favorite.

k10
01-22-2014, 05:20 PM
LOVE CSR. It is my favorite Moderate. Spread out, yes. But millions of times smaller than every other Moderate. I love their restaurants, their pool, the vibe. I've stayed there twice.

One time there was a conference there. Didn't get in the way of my good time. :mickey:

Sylvia
01-22-2014, 06:40 PM
I've stayed at CSR a couple of times. Although CBR is my favorite moderate resort, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at CSR again.

The resort is spread out a bit and rooms are located in 3 sections, each with its own décor. If you like Spanish (colonial Mexican) and/or Southwestern US theming, you'll love this resort. The 3 sections are Ranchos (rustic), Cabanas (beachfront), and Casitas (city). I stayed in the Ranchos area and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Since CSR also caters to business travelers, there are amenities here which are not available at other mods. When you're having a quick meal in the Pepper Market, you may see other guests in business attire, since this resort also has a conference center.

The main pool site has to be seen to be believed. The area is known as the Dig Site; among other things, there is a replica of a Mayan pyramid. Walking around this resort, particularly after dark, is fantastic and very relaxing.

The Pepper Market is at the top of my list of favorite CS-type locations. It's a food court, but it feels more like a TS. Food choices are amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed every meal I had. Napkins are colorful cloth napkins, and flatware is actual reusable metal flatware. I haven't eaten at the TS locations, but I'm sure that someone else will come along with info about the TS options.

faline
01-22-2014, 07:13 PM
:thumbsup: We greatly enjoy this moderate resort. Maybe because it is a convention resort, it has more of the amenities typically found at the deluxes rather than the moderates.

Angelgirl65
01-23-2014, 08:41 AM
In the "LOVE IT" camp for many of the reasons listed above and then some. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-23-2014, 10:37 AM
We have loved our stay at Coronado Springs more than any other so far....we liked the bus stops spread around the resort so its never a long hike to catch a bus, Pepper Market is more than a foodcourt it is a CS with TS type food, so yes you have to give a 10% gratuity, not a big deal. We thought the food there was great. We just enjoyed our room and the theming, we had good Mousekeeping service, can't really complain at all.

larjani
01-23-2014, 11:50 AM
What's funny about the 10% gratuity is I actually prefer when restaurants do that. I usually tip 20-25%, so it saves me money.

Angelgirl65
01-23-2014, 11:55 AM
According to buzz's site, CSR dropped the 10% gratuity. no more servers, no more gratuity

Gator
01-23-2014, 12:38 PM
This is my favorite resort. Unfortunately, they can't accomodate 5 people, so I'll never be there again. It really is very well themed, the pool is incredible, the restaurants are great, and the bus service is one of the best I've experienced.

I'm actually in the decision process of going to WDW or DL. If I knew I could get back into CS, I'd be going to WDW for sure. But because I can only go to a Suite or POR, I'm leaning toward staying in CA. That's how much CS is worth to me.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
01-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Love it! Stayed there an number of times both personal trips and business trips. As stated above many times it is very spread out. If you do get stuck in a section at the very end it will be a bite of a walk to the main area and bus stop.

CaptSmee
01-23-2014, 09:14 PM
I've stayed at all the moderates now & I do like Coronado Springs resort, but my favorite is now PO - French Quarters!

#1donaldfan
01-24-2014, 12:20 PM
You guys are talking me into CSR in a big way. We've only ever stayed at Riverside (love it) or AKL for our extended vacations. We've also stayed at POP and Sports for short spurts when taking DD CM down to work, mostly for a night or two. We have ressies for the FQ this June, but now I am thinking differently. Question......isn't there a lake and if so, is there a walkway around it to run...AND,,, if someone knows the distance ??!! Thanks !!:cool:

FenwayGirl
01-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Stayed at CSR last May as I am on a mission to stay at every resort on site.
While it was beautiful, dont think I will stay there again. It is a convention hotel, so seeing all the suits walking around killed the Disney vibe for me. We stayed in Cabanas, which was beautiful...

buzznwoodysmom
01-24-2014, 05:04 PM
We stayed at CSR once, for 8 nights, about 6-7 years ago. We really enjoyed our stay, can't think of any complaints, but we've never felt the need or desire to return there.

We liked the cabanas section, but would be really unhappy in the ranchos section. We didn't think the food at pepper market was that good. They had tons of unique selections, but most of it wasn't that good. A few things were good, but my husband hated every meal we had there.

Our favorite moderate overall is CBR, followed by POFQ, then CSR, and last is POR.

faline
01-24-2014, 07:05 PM
We stayed at CSR once, for 8 nights, about 6-7 years ago. We really enjoyed our stay, can't think of any complaints, but we've never felt the need or desire to return there.

We liked the cabanas section, but would be really unhappy in the ranchos section. We didn't think the food at pepper market was that good.

The first time we stayed there, we were in the Casitas section - very close to the Main Building and we loved it. We requested that section on additional stays and thought we would never want to say in the Ranchos section. Due to happenstance, we ended up in the Ranchos section on our last trip and we were pleasantly surprised. The walk to the main building was much shorter than we expected and was especially lovely after dark.

As far as the Pepper Market goes, I've never been a fan of it and just don't eat there.

While the resort is spread out, I'm not sure what the mileage would be for a running circuit. Yes, this is a lake of sorts there. We sat by the outdoor bar area one night and watched an alligator swimming around - it even tried to catch a turtle swimming by.

Crow
01-25-2014, 01:28 AM
my fav mod. the ranchos area is my least fav . I think cause it has conventions it offers more and less families. didn't get to try Pepper Mkt last time.
CBR is my least fav.

Melanie
01-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Love Coronado Springs. It's by far my favorite mod. After many stays in all three sections, Cabanas is my favorite. The decor and the grounds are just beautiful.

Someone mentioned a long walk to a bus stop. I don't understand that since all areas have a bus stop, and it's never a long walk to any of them.

We like the Pepper Market a lot. People tend to be out off by the way it's run with having your card punched at the food stations, then paying at the end, but we've never had bad food there. Breakfast is especially good.

If you do indeed stay there, find the hidden Mickey in the lobby. It's a tough one! ;)

Dream'nDisney
01-25-2014, 02:55 PM
We stayed here one night years ago, and I remember the pool and hot tub being awesome. I also believe it is the only moderate that offers queen beds.

Kenny1113
01-25-2014, 03:50 PM
It's my least favorite mod. Actually least favorite of all WDW resorts. On my trip the CMs were rude and pepper market was :ack: Diner food with high price tag.

nfrustaci
01-27-2014, 06:51 AM
thanks everyone

N2DisneyWorld
02-06-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm so excited! I stay there for the first time in three weeks. :mickey: