PDA

View Full Version : Southwest and a lower price

Mitzie
01-22-2014, 02:11 PM
I thought I had read in the past that if your flight you have already booked drops in price SW will work with you on the difference...is this so...am I just suffering under the old wishful thinking thing...

VWL Mom
01-22-2014, 02:18 PM
If your fare drops on SW, they will issue a credit which is good towards future travel. It expires in one year. JBlue also does this.

justice11
01-22-2014, 02:31 PM
I just booked our fare for march and it was 3700 for 5 people, more than our package at disney. Prices for airfare made me sick to my stomach.:ack:

Mitzie
01-22-2014, 02:55 PM
If your fare drops on SW, they will issue a credit which is good towards future travel. It expires in one year. JBlue also does this.

What if it drops more than once...IE: from 1300 to 1100 then to 900...

BrerGnat
01-22-2014, 03:18 PM
I just booked our fare for march and it was 3700 for 5 people, more than our package at disney. Prices for airfare made me sick to my stomach.:ack:

Holy cow! Where are you flying from?

BrerGnat
01-22-2014, 03:19 PM
What if it drops more than once...IE: from 1300 to 1100 then to 900...

Doesn't matter how many times it drops. You can get multiple credits.

cer
01-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Be aware, though, the credit only applies to each individual. So my family of 4 booked and then we got a discount, so we banked the difference. When my husband and I were going somewhere, we could only use the credits for our individual tickets, not the credit on the kids AND there is a expiration date of when the credits must be used (1 year).

Just FYI....

d_m_n_n
01-22-2014, 03:34 PM
And it is a year from when you purchased your tickets...not the travel date. I've changed our tickets twice. I don't know if we will use the credit, but it's there just in case :)

DizneyRox
01-23-2014, 07:46 AM
And it is a year from when you purchased your tickets...not the travel date. I've changed our tickets twice. I don't know if we will use the credit, but it's there just in case :)
This is the correct answer. Each credit is tied to the individual person on the ticket. If 4 people are flying, they book the flights on 1/1/2014 and the price drops twice, and you call to get the credit, you will have 8 credits to use (fly) by 1/1/2015. Each credit is a form of payment and I think you are limited to 4 forms of payment at checkout. Child credits really complicate this as booking underage children needs to be done with an adult if I recall correctly.

We got a bunch of credits and booking a trip with them was quite the ordeal. Ended up not using a bunch (use the larger credits first) because of the limit on number of forms of payment. What could have been one reservation ended up being three because of this. Made online checkin a pain because of all the confirmation numbers.

Mitzie
01-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks so much for all your replies. We were able to call and get some credit on our flights. We are flying for spring break for the first time since we were able to get such good flights and then the price dropped another 200 and we got those credits. The SW rep did explain how each of the 5 of us have our own credit. We normally drive in April and between gas and hotels down and back we spend about $1000..our new price on the flights was $1100..crazyness! So we will see how this goes.

justice11
01-23-2014, 01:54 PM
we are flying from st. louis march 14th

BrerGnat
01-23-2014, 03:52 PM
we are flying from st. louis march 14th

You were fleeced. You can book that for around $400 per person RT through United.

bxrluv
01-23-2014, 08:23 PM
I have never seen ticket prices like this! I keep looking and hoping. Supposedly 6-7 weeks out is best time to buy. I made the mistake of making our non changeable reservations (renting DVC points) starting on a Friday. Flying on a Friday is the worst. For once, driving may be the best choice overall.
:plane: vs :car: