PDA

View Full Version : A hodgepodge of questions

IloveJack
01-22-2014, 10:29 AM
Our plan for our next trip was to go to FL the week of DS' first birthday. We were going to go to the MK the day of his birthday, and spend all our other days with family friends or at the beach.

Well, of course this Disney fan couldn't turn down a chance for more days at Disney.

Our pretend daughter (PrincessfromTN) is in the DCP and will be there when we go down in June. She is going to give us two days of tickets, so we decided to add a day. Then my parents are going to go along for the trip, so our one day excursion from the beach has turned into four nights at WDW, with 2 park days and a day at IoA.

Anyhow, we'll be new to a few things.

I've used CM tickets before, as we have friends that worked at WDW, but that was prior to Magic Bands and FP+. Will we have to wait until that day to make FP+ choices?

Also. my mom is handicapped and cannot walk long distances. How much is scooter rental at the parks, or would we just be better to rent one from a local place (we might go to DTD on arrival night)?

Can we get a suite at AoA with 5 adults and 3 kids, if 2 are under the age of 3?

Thanks!

Strmchsr
01-22-2014, 12:01 PM
If your tickets are linked to your reservation you can do FP+ in advance, but I don't think CM tickets link to the reservation. I'm fairly certain (though not 100%) that you'll have to book your FP day-of. We have a couple of CMs here on the board. Hopefully one of them can confirm.

No on the AoA suite. Their max occupancy is 6 people + 1 child under 3 in a crib. That's fire regulations and they won't budge on that.

I don't remember the exact cost of the scooter in the parks, but I do know that it's a LOT cheaper to rent one from an off-site company. I've had the best luck with Apple Scooters for my mom in terms of price and good service. They will deliver the scooter right to your resort and have it waiting for you at baggage claim.