PDA

View Full Version : The Mauro's Magical Disney Vacation

tinkwest
01-22-2014, 01:59 AM
Premiering Friday, January 24, 2014 on Food Network
Check local listings for time and repeat airings in your area

In this one hour special, Jeff Mauro (Food Network's Sandwich King) and his family visit the Magic Kingdom for a fun-filled vacation full of amazing meals, jaw-dropping attractions, and — best of all — time for all the family to connect and laugh together, as they all discover their Disney "sides."

mickclub1955
01-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Thanks. I have this locked in on my DVR as well as the Pamela Travers/Mary Poppins story on PBS on the same night.:thumbsup:

disney obsessed
01-25-2014, 11:06 AM
I watched it. While I loved looking at all things disney, I family drove me crazy. I got to the point of looking past them and tuning out what they were saying.

Loved the new California Grill! I have not seen it yet.

mickclub1955
01-25-2014, 11:57 AM
I loved how they make the bread at Sanaa. Somehow in my mind I had it looking more rustic or something. It was entertaining, and it gave DW and I our Disney fix for the week.

hoop de do
01-25-2014, 04:39 PM
I enjoyed it. Thought it was well done.
Needed a little fix while hibernating.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tekneek
01-25-2014, 04:53 PM
One big flaw in the program was when they obviously failed using FP+ for an attraction (got the blue circle, not green) and said something like, "FastPass+ working like it should" while proceeding onto the attraction. If you do that and get a blue circle, they are not going to let you get on the ride.

Kenny1113
01-26-2014, 07:06 AM
I thought it was just a long WDW commercial (stock footage included) with a food network star hosting it.

I thought it was odd that even though they had magicbands the footage showed them using the cards for FP+. Why wouldn't they want to showcase the bands?

I agree with PP, the family was annoying. But I guess it can be pretty awkward doing scenes when you are not used to being filmed.