PDA

View Full Version : Online Check in "special requests"

Alpha Jeanie
01-21-2014, 06:05 PM
I am doing online check in for our March 2014 visit to the Wilderness lodge. It asks if you have any special requests. We will arrive at the hotel about 11:30 am. Check in is normally after 3:00 pm. Which of the these following choices do you think are worth requesting. I can pick 2 special requests:

1. Room near an elevator
2. Room on floor 1, 2,4,5 or 6
3. Room on the highest floor available
4. Room ready for early arrival if possible (this will over ride any other room request that I have made, if there is an early room available.)

Strmchsr
01-21-2014, 06:54 PM
It's really which is most important to you. If you check the "room ready" option you lower your chance of getting any other request but you'll stand a very good chance of your room being ready when you arrive. If that's not important to you, then pick the others that are.

steamboat willy
01-21-2014, 07:06 PM
My rule regardless how cool it is to complete an on-line check-in is IF You have special request, Don't Use The On-Line Check-In, Check-In at Front Desk and speak to a person BEFORE they have your room assignment package finished. This way you can ask your special request directly. Then if you are not totally satisfied you can still request the things that you really need.
If it's a No Special Request booking, meaning you don't care what building, what room, what view then do On-Line Check-In. :secret:

Pastcastmemberdaughter
01-21-2014, 08:19 PM
We did online check in and both our special request were met without trouble. I was pleasantly surprised. This was our first time staying at a DVC though, so I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

Too me the most important out of that list would be, near an elevator and/or on the first floor. Luggage and stairs, not fun. Baby stroller and stairs, not fun. LOL!

special ed teacher
01-26-2014, 11:00 AM
I was only given a choice at wilderness lodge for first floor and close transportation. I would like early arrival. How do I request that or a higher floor?

steamboat willy
01-26-2014, 11:13 AM
Was there an available comments section? There.

special ed teacher
01-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Was there an available comments section? There.

There was a box but It only had request for first floor or near transportation.

brownie
01-27-2014, 05:11 PM
My rule regardless how cool it is to complete an on-line check-in is IF You have special request, Don't Use The On-Line Check-In, Check-In at Front Desk and speak to a person BEFORE they have your room assignment package finished. This way you can ask your special request directly. Then if you are not totally satisfied you can still request the things that you really need.
If it's a No Special Request booking, meaning you don't care what building, what room, what view then do On-Line Check-In. :secret:

It's not a done deal with online check-in. They'll still work with you to grant your requests at check-in at the resort. You're still assigned a room even in advance even if you don't do online check-in.

brownie
01-27-2014, 05:15 PM
There was a box but It only had request for first floor or near transportation.

Your choices were dependent on your resort; different resorts gave you different request options. I'm not sure if this is still the way it is or not.