PDA

View Full Version : DW Birthday Trip To "Our Laughing Place" Jan 9 Day 4

mickclub1955
01-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Another early day here and while it is not as cold, we still wear jackets. I am sore from yesterday's walking. Why do I feel like the old one. Today is EMH at MK so that is where we are heading. Since we are staying all day we take the bus. We have nothing else extra scheduled today. The bus comes about 7:20 and off we go. We arrive and go through the baggage check. We wait on the opening show and it is nice. They picked a family from Canada to take the train ride. I am know getting picked for this will be a memory that lasts a lifetime for these kids. Now it is off to the races. DW wants to know what we are doing. Since FP+ we knew that we were going to have to change our strategy. We used to head to TL and do SM and Buzz and get fp for later, now we head to FL and get right on Peter Pan. Then we head to NFL and get on TLM. This is a great attraction. It is DW's new favorite. We take pictures outside of Gaston's Tavern at the fountain and then head to Pooh. We walk to see the new Dumbo set up and then head to IASW. I know that this has just gone through a little rehab but am disappointed the bicycle on the wire in last room is gone. As we are coming back to the loading dock under the bridge I look up and show DW long dust cycles hanging. Looks like the HM. As we get off there are two cast members talking and one appears to be a supervisor so I let her know about the bad show element, nicely of course, and she thanks me. It is time for the rest of the park to open so we head to the HM. Love the new Repunzel restroom area. Things sure have changed in the past two years. HM is my favorite. We get off and I suggest Pirates. DW agrees and we cut through to AL. We somehow get mixed in with a Brazillian tourist group. They start hooping and hollering and I hoop and holler with them. They are really having fun. Then we realize they are heading to Pirates as well. We break free and make a run for it, but it was too late. They do put them in another line so it really didn't affect us. The mist feature with Blackbeard was working, but I didn't see any mermaids in the water. DW wants to do BTMRR next so I get my Ipod out and check the times. We have a fp later in the day and am very surprised she wants to do this. It is always too jerky for her. I check and it is 20 mins so we head there. Of course, it is 30 when we get there. We really haven't been through the regular line since fp began. I love the changes and the interactive things. We talked to some marathon runners in line. This time I get jerked on the ride. I hate admitting that I am getting old. Still, it was fun. Now we head over to TL. We jump on the TTA and do our round trip ride and I get my Progress City (Original EPCOT) fix. It is almost time for our fp for SM but Buzz is 20 min so we do it. My gun is defective (That is my story and I am sticking to it). DW kills me with her score. We love the friendly competition. I know most of the high scoring targets but couldn't hit them I guess. I tell DW where they are and she kills me. We still have time and jump on CoP. We sing and love this show. (We are not the only ones singing). We hit SM right before our time is about to end. Amazingly as we are in line they need a party of two and voila we are the next ones to ride. We are on the left side as you go in and we have done the right side the last several times. Wow again, I am getting old, but still love it. It is a low seat. Getting down hurts. We decide to eat and discover that DW has lost her birthday pin but discover she decided not to wear it because her birthday was two days ago. I tell her that her birthday is to be celebrated our whole trip but she is "ahh". We eat at Cosmic Rays and have a terrible time finding a table. We finally do and enjoy our Bar be Que sandwich. As we are leaving I see castmembers working and thank them for the great job they are doing. They smile and say that it is nothing, we should have been here on NYE. I say no way and they smile. I am finding that I am not seeing what others are seeing in cast members attitudes. We then head to TLF and am surprised that this has more audience interaction from the last time. We really enjoyed it. We head to our Buzz fp and the fp line is long. It is still shorter than the standby and this time I get a good gun. We decide we are done with TL and head over to NFL and get in line for TLM again. The line says 30 but it takes longer. When we get off it has rained and now it is misting. DW gets aggravated but I tell her it could be worse. I then remember Philharmagic and wonder how in the world we missed this. The wait is longer than what the time says and we are in the last row back all the way by the entrance doors. 3D does not work well there. I do not get sprayed but after talking to Melanie and am glad that I didn't. Still I feel the experience is not the same. We head to our fp for BTMRR and wonder with the mist if it is still running. It is and we ride again. We then head back to AL and do Pirates again. The line is longer but manageable. Then to the Tiki Room. I try and imagine I am in the 60's and this is a new thing. It works, I gain a new appreciation for these mechanical birds that started it all. We start heading to the hub and DW wants to go to Epcot. It is her birthday trip so we start to head out. I am going to miss my "Wishes" but it is not my birthday. When we get to the Train station they are about to do the flag retreat. I video this and am crying like a baby when it is over. The veteran that they have selected is very young and has no legs. He has running blades so I assume he is there for the marathon. I am proud to be an American. If you haven't ever seen this, I encourage you to see it. We get stopped before we leave to take a survey. I do and it takes a while. They want to know about our entire day ask lots of questions. Nothing about FP+ of course but we finally get done and head out. I turn around and am about to tell DW that I wish MK had what DL has above the tunnel and entrance and notice it is there. "Here you leave today and enter the yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy". I am floored and very happy. It has taken 40 years for them to add this. We get on the Monorail and do the old switcheroo and we arrive at Epcot. When we are approaching I notice something wrong with SE. It kind of looks smashed in or something but then I think it may be a flock of birds. We go and do JII and then the Seas with Nemo. Then we head over to MS and believe me the landing is worse than the takeoff. We head over to World Showcase and start to walk around. We can't decide on what we want to eat but decide on fish and chips. We eat in front of Gary's column. We head back over to Future World and decide not to watch ROE tonight. We get on Spaceship Earth and really enjoy the little cartoon at the end. We haven't laughed at ourselves in a good long while. We thought outside of the box on this one so it really was a good scenario. We emailed the experience back home but I can't get it to work. We then head to Guest Relations and inquire about our tour in the morning. We were the only one's in there so they talk to us for a while. The lady scolds my DW for not wearing her birthday pin and promptly makes her another one. She gives me one too that says "I'm Celebrating". I ask her what I am celebrating and she says DW's Birthday. She is a hoot and I inquire if she is going to be our tour guide and she says no. We are concerned because of the 10k marathon the next day and about getting to the park early enough. They tell us to leave really early. We enjoyed our time in Guest Relations and then head out to find our friends pictures on the "gravestones". After searching we finally find them and take a picture. Now we head to the bus back to the PoP. It is an insanely long line, and we have to wait on about 3 buses. One had trouble loading the ride along things. We finally make it back and I am bushed. DW is happy that she hit her favorite park and will get to do it 2 days instead of just 1.

emerzmom
01-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Wow! What a day! It sounds like you two have a really great time together at WDW. Thanks for sharing your trip. You are clearly a Disney fan all the way!
:tink:
Julie

faline
01-21-2014, 05:38 PM
What a busy day! You two certainly had fun!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2014, 10:56 AM
Got lots done, HM is my favorite too. Thanks for the report

yjgirl32
01-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Great report- thanks for sharing.